Troy, NY?

Old Mar 10th 2009, 7:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Troy, NY?

Originally Posted by meauxna
And fancy shoes.
indeed
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:07 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Troy, NY?

Originally Posted by Bob
So what's the skinny here then?

All I've found was a really old thread about Albany, which I guess isn't that far south of Troy and that it's bloomin' miles up north in the state and not near anything I know about, but it is a couple odd hours drive from where I am.

Nice city? Big/small? Places or things to do and see? Nearby towns worth looking at?

Just a general gist of the place, I've just loaded up the town info page and the city-data forum threads on the town but there wasn't much info that's current.
Went to a JC in Troy for 2 years (HVCC) which has a good rep - anyway, from what I saw and heard of Troy, its a dump. Wouldn't recommend anyone to live in NY in general actually on account of the way most of the people are there. Not so much private as they are plain cold. Can be quite angry too.

I've even heard New Yorkers complain about how unfriendly New Yorkers are.

But if you are set on trying it - Saratoga is nice (grokkle city), Ballston Spa is ok, Clifton Park is suburbia, Schenectady should be bombed (but no-one'd notice the difference), Latham is ok, Rotterdam is asleep, Amsterdam is depressing, Hagaman isn't bad (rural & villagy), Broadalbin is a New Englandy village and very close to I90.

One good thing about the area is WGY radio and "the waking up with the Wolf show" If its still on.

Good luck.