Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

travelling from US to UK

travelling from US to UK

Old Aug 21st 2011, 12:44 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travelling from US to UK

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
it is worth a quick stop at your local travel agents- I booked from Northern California to Teesside with changes at SF and Amsterdam and it was approx £1000 cheaper going into my travel agent than i have just pulled up online (I looked out of curiosity)

The booking fee at the travel agents was £22 but worth it as they took all of the stress out of searching for me
1000 quid
Old Aug 21st 2011, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
1000 quid
I know I was shocked ! I payed just over a grand and went onto one of the search sites on this thread and it came up over 2k for the same trip.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

I know I was shocked ! I payed just over a grand and went onto one of the search sites on this thread and it came up over 2k for the same trip.
Where exactly are you flying from and too, please tell me its not economy!!
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Where exactly are you flying from and too, please tell me its not economy!!
I think CADreaming said earlier in the thread that it was from Northern California to Teesside with changes at San Francisco and Amsterdam. I can see why that would be pricey, but over £2k seems ridiculous.

Last edited by Apfelkuchen; Aug 21st 2011 at 8:55 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Apfelkuchen
I think CADreaming said earlier in the thread that it was from Northern California to Teesside with changes at San Francisco and Amsterdam. I can see why that would be pricey, but over £2k seems ridiculous.
Yes I know but Northern CA is a big place and I wanted to know as we live relatively close to each other where exactly she was flying from!!
Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know but Northern CA is a big place and I wanted to know as we live relatively close to each other where exactly she was flying from!!
Ah, OK, sorry! I assumed you were asking because the price seemed so crazy .
Old Aug 21st 2011, 9:28 pm

Ah, OK, sorry! I assumed you were asking because the price seemed so crazy .
Yes I am hense where is she flying from in CA
Old Aug 21st 2011, 10:01 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

The cheap websites can't cope with complicated itineraries and tend to come up with silly figures.

Doesn't Cindyabs still do airline tickets? I believe she is particularly good with the non-standard routes.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi im trip is

Arcata to San Fran (United)
San Fran to Amsterdam (KLM)
Amsterdam to Teesside (KLM)

Price was £164 for the first leg then approx £850 from san fran to teesside
yep and its economy
It was over a grand more online!!

Ive never done this journey before so lets see....Last time we drove to san fran and had to stay in a hotel - I flew to JFK then JFK to manchester on Delta then took the train -so its not that much more as i had to stay in a hotel twice in sanfran (outbound and return journey ) and hotel the night before flight in manchester
Ive been flying here since 2008 and ive noticed a big hike in the fares
Old Aug 21st 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep and its economy
That sounds comparable with what I've been getting for west coast fares recently (London-Calgary-Seattle with Air Canada and Berlin-Frankfurt-Seattle with Lufthansa). In the latter case, Orbitz was quoting over $200 more than the price I paid on the Lufthansa website.

It's so depressing. I can't wait until I am married and no longer have to drop close to $1000 on travel every few months!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:03 pm

Hi im trip is

Arcata to San Fran (United)
San Fran to Amsterdam (KLM)
Amsterdam to Teesside (KLM)

yep and its economy

Ive never done this journey before so lets see....Last time we drove to san fran and had to stay in a hotel - I flew to JFK then JFK to manchester on Delta then took the train -so its not that much more as i had to stay in a hotel twice in sanfran (outbound and return journey ) and hotel the night before flight in manchester
Ive been flying here since 2008 and ive noticed a big hike in the fares
Reading and Chico would of been nearly $1000 cheaper girlie
I put in 19th Oct to Nov 2nd.

$1260 Economy
4 sites Multiple Airlines RDD
MULT RDD 6:00a NCL 10:00a 6:00a
NCL
MULT NCL 5:10p CIC 10:13p 5:10p
NCL 10:00a
CIC 10:13p
20h 00m 3
36h 03m 3

details pin share United Express/Skywest Airlines operates flight 5495, 5379.
BMI Regional For Brussels Airlines operates flight 5287.
Lufthansa CityLine operates flight 3457.
Lufthansa OR LH Cityline operates flight 9174. dc0c5b0ce20a90e8dda2433eeac453a1
$1260
Economy

Last edited by Poppy girl; Aug 22nd 2011 at 5:05 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading and Chico would of been nearly $1000 cheaper girlie
I put in 19th Oct to Nov 2nd.

$1260 Economy
4 sites Multiple Airlines RDD
MULT RDD 6:00a NCL 10:00a 6:00a
NCL
MULT NCL 5:10p CIC 10:13p 5:10p
NCL 10:00a
CIC 10:13p
20h 00m 3
36h 03m 3

details pin share United Express/Skywest Airlines operates flight 5495, 5379.
BMI Regional For Brussels Airlines operates flight 5287.
Lufthansa CityLine operates flight 3457.
Lufthansa OR LH Cityline operates flight 9174. dc0c5b0ce20a90e8dda2433eeac453a1
$1260
Economy
Thanks Poppy. I will be going back every couple of months so every penny/dime/cent helps!! Reading is about a 3 hour drive from here but its a really tough drive. There used to be flights from Arcata to Reading but they have stopped now
I wil certainly look into it tho for next time