Reload this Page >

Travelling to Russia, China, Vietnam with K1 in passport

Travelling to Russia, China, Vietnam with K1 in passport

Old Aug 29th 2002, 1:21 am
Just Joined

strawberries is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling to Russia, China, Vietnam with K1 in passport

Hello, another question...

I will be leaving from Canada to go backpack across Russia, Mongolia, China, Vietnam and Cambodia before I move to the US on my K1 Visa at the end of this year. I have two questions. 1) The visa is on the first usable page of my passport. Is it safe for me to be travelling with the visa in in my passport? I don't want to sound like a horrible person but do I risk having it stolen by the hostel or hotel who I have to give it to each time I check in, in say Russia? I ask because of the posts I've been reading about Russians and Chinese not being given K-1's. 2) Will the visa's from all these countries in my passport affect the custom officer's decision to let me into the US when I do make the move there?

Thank you for your help
Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:49 am
Mrtravel

Default Re: Travelling to Russia, China, Vietnam with K1 in passport

Hotels/hostels deal with passports on a daily basis. They aren't likely to steal
them, although loss is a possibility. If the visa were to be lost, I would imagine
the consulate could issue another one.

An American can visit the countries you mentioned. I don't see how a Canadian
visiting them would cause problems with entering the US on a K visa.