Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Traveling to the USA during COVID 19 lift

Wikiposts

Traveling to the USA during COVID 19 lift

Old Dec 11th 2021, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling to the USA during COVID 19 lift

Originally Posted by fiona stanfield
I have a question for anyone who is a dual citizen and who uses both their passports when they go to the USA. I have just seen a copy of a passenger locator form and I am puzzled as it asks your passport number and I have to use my US passport to leave the US and it says that is what they go by, but I need to come in to the UK on my British passport. What will I do show them both. I live in the UK? Then there is another question where it says where will you stay in the UK then it says what date will you leave. This trip is getting more and more complicated every minute. HELP ME please.
When I went to UK from the USA, entered UK passport on the UK passenger locator form and used UK passport at the e gates a Heathrow to enter the UK. When I checked in in the the USA for my fight to the UK I showed the checkin agent my USA passport and the UK passenger locator form.
Old Dec 11th 2021, 7:27 pm
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

But just to be safe, When I use my US passport to leave the US is that the passport number I put on my PLF, if so will they question me when I use my British passport in the UK as to why they are different numbers. I know that I am worrying for nothing but I would rather be safe than sorry. Thank you.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 6:44 am
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you you have put my mind at ease.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 6:45 am
fstanfield

Thank you mercury39, I feel a lot better now.
Old Dec 13th 2021, 12:27 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiona stanfield
But just to be safe, When I use my US passport to leave the US is that the passport number I put on my PLF, if so will they question me when I use my British passport in the UK as to why they are different numbers. I know that I am worrying for nothing but I would rather be safe than sorry. Thank you.
I honestly don’t think it matters. So long as your PLF is properly registered on the airline’s system at checkin in the US, that is pretty much the end of it. My experience at the UK border is that they have my British & American passports associated in their systems anyway.
Old Dec 13th 2021, 7:22 am
fstanfield

Thank you Robin1234