Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Traveling to the USA during COVID 19 lift

Traveling to the USA during COVID 19 lift

Old Nov 15th 2021, 2:50 pm
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traveling to the USA during COVID 19 lift

Hi,
I am looking for anybody who has been to the USA since they reopened again on the 8th November.
I am trying to find out what forms you need to go out and get back. What tests I have to have etc. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 15th 2021, 4:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling to the USA during COVID 19 lift

Would the info in this thread -- in particular the CDC link -- help you?

Recommendation for covid test prior to flying to the US from UK?
Old Nov 18th 2021, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

If you plan to visit certain cities, New York and Los Angeles for example you definitely want to be fully vaccinated and have some kind of official proof of vaccination. That said it's all a bit unknown how much recent mandates will be enforced and how. At most you would probably just have to flash a photo of something looking like an official vaccine card on your phone.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Danny1c1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, did you still need help with this? I've just got back from a week trip to the US so can help if need be. Travelled with my wife and two children.

Going out:-
ESTA's
Attestation forms
Negative test (I/we done a supervised lateral flow through Qured.com)
Proof of vaccine (Wife had her covid pass from the UK, I had a vaccine card from the US, was there earlier in the year and got my jabs there)

Coming home:-
Negative tests for my children, aged 6 and 9, as they currently aren't vaccinated. The attestation form states that the children must be tested within 3-5 days of arriving in the US anyway)
Passenger locator forms (day 2 tests pre-booked and the booking details required to input into the locator form)
Proof of vaccine for my wife and I.

I'm quite confident I haven't missed anything but any more questions let me know. All in all it was a lot simpler than I was expecting with no real hold ups at the border.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 5:31 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny1c1
Hi, did you still need help with this? I've just got back from a week trip to the US so can help if need be. Travelled with my wife and two children.

Going out:-
ESTA's
Attestation forms
Negative test (I/we done a supervised lateral flow through Qured.com)
Qured - Is that Fit to Fly antigen test for the US, $32?
Do they properly check your ID, which is a requirement for the US, I believe?
What kind of a video link do they offer; I’d need to do it on my iPad..
What is the documentation they send; an email with the test details and a QR code?
Did you show that at checkin, all straightforward … ?
Sorry about the questions, I just want to make sure I get it right!
Old Nov 24th 2021, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Not a problem.

Yes it is the £32 test with Qured, normally £22 but increases to £32 with the video call. Once you receive your code you can activate it on the Qured website and book your appointment - there seemed to be more than enough appointments at all times of the day.

The video link just comes on via your browsing app - I was on Chrome and just had to give permission for it to use my webcam on my laptop. Unsure of macs/phones/tablets etc but genuinely cant see it being an issue. They didn't check my ID on the call itself, but 15 minutes after the call, I had to upload a picture of my lateral flow test alongside my passport onto the qured website. A few hours later I received an email with a certificate of my negative test attached. I printed this out (don't think you need to print it out but I just like having it to hand) and handed it in at check in.

I travel quite regularly for work, so i'm fairly up to speed with the various processes, but can honestly say that the trip was smoother than I was expecting. For info, my trip was from Manchester, down to Heathrow and then onto Charlotte, NC.

Any more questions please feel free to ask.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 7:08 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny1c1
Not a problem.

Yes it is the £32 test with Qured, normally £22 but increases to £32 with the video call. Once you receive your code you can activate it on the Qured website and book your appointment - there seemed to be more than enough appointments at all times of the day.

The video link just comes on via your browsing app - I was on Chrome and just had to give permission for it to use my webcam on my laptop. Unsure of macs/phones/tablets etc but genuinely cant see it being an issue. They didn't check my ID on the call itself, but 15 minutes after the call, I had to upload a picture of my lateral flow test alongside my passport onto the qured website. A few hours later I received an email with a certificate of my negative test attached. I printed this out (don't think you need to print it out but I just like having it to hand) and handed it in at check in.

I travel quite regularly for work, so i'm fairly up to speed with the various processes, but can honestly say that the trip was smoother than I was expecting. For info, my trip was from Manchester, down to Heathrow and then onto Charlotte, NC.

Any more questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks for the detailed response. This is helpful.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 6:06 am
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Danny1c1 for all your information it has really helped. I wanted to ask you what is an attestation form and how do you get it?
Also if you do the supervised test for the USA would they let my partner test me as I don’t know if I could do it myself due to a very bad gag reflex.
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fiona stanfield
Thank you Danny1c1 for all your information it has really helped. I wanted to ask you what is an attestation form and how do you get it?
Also if you do the supervised test for the USA would they let my partner test me as I don’t know if I could do it myself due to a very bad gag reflex.
No problem. The attestation form is basically where you declare your status - vaccinated, unvaccinated etc. Only takes a moment to complete and I handed the paper copy in at Heathrow airport. I flew with American airlines, and I was emailed a few days before the flight telling me what I would need, and provided with a link to the attestation form. I've tried to attach it, let me know if it doesn't work.

As regards the test, I don't think it would be an issue if your partner tested you, as long as they can see that the test is being completed. Different with children I suppose, but i carried out the test on my children no problem.
Attached Files
Old Nov 27th 2021, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you are flying AA or BA then you can use the VeriFly App to do the attestation form and upload your negative test results. AA has a dedicated check-in line at Heathrow for people using VeriFly.
When I was flying back on Tuesday I used VeriFly and it really did speed things up,
Everyone else was in another much longer check-in line where they were validating you with your printed out paperwork.
You also had to have either your VeriFly pass or your paperwork checked before boarding the plane.

For the test you only have to do a lateral flow/antigen one. They don't require sticking the cotton bud deep into the nose, just a roll around the entrance of the nose. Its really very simple
Old Nov 27th 2021, 10:12 am
fstanfield

Wow Danny1c1 thank you so much for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it. I printed the forms out thank you. You have been a big help to me. I have two more questions if you don’t mind. Do you get the lateral flow test no more than 3 days before the flight to the USA. Also do you need to get any tests in the USA. Thank you so much.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 10:15 am
fstanfield

Thank you for your information. It’s good to know about the test. I wish it was the same for the throat. I cannot stand anything touching my throat.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Wow Danny1c1 thank you so much for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it. I printed the forms out thank you. You have been a big help to me. I have two more questions if you don’t mind. Do you get the lateral flow test no more than 3 days before the flight to the USA. Also do you need to get any tests in the USA. Thank you so much.
Not a problem. If your vaccinated it can be within 3 days prior to travel. If your unvaccinated it has to be within 1 day of travelling. We didn't require any tests in the US, only our children, as they are unvaccinated due to their age, so the ruling is that they have to be tested within 3-5 days or arrival.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 11:31 am
fstanfield

Great!
Thank you once again. I think now I am ready to book our flights
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

anthony_constantinou is an unknown quantity at this point

Its important to take vaccines before traveling to any city or country, when you will protect yourself, your protection will directly save society. So never deny for vaccination to fight against CORONA COVID-19

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 2nd 2021 at 3:28 pm. Reason: Company info removed as per site rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.