Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travel to the US

Travel to the US

Old Jul 26th 2021, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

TakeTheSky1138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel to the US

Hi. My fiancée and I have been separated due to COVID since the beginning of the pandemic; it is my plan to travel to a country that is not banned by the US, wait there for 14 days then travel from there to the US.

I have searched high and low but cannot seem to find a clear list of countries that the US is allowing travel from.

please please if you have any knowledge on this I would appreciate your help, we miss each other terribly. I’m sure no one has the time for the full list but just a few that you know aren’t banned with help me out.

I have also heard that if I am the fiancé of a US citizen I may be eligible for travel exemption but this to is not clear. Please help.

thank you

Last edited by TakeTheSky1138; Jul 26th 2021 at 3:50 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 3:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to the US

Originally Posted by TakeTheSky1138
Hi. My fiancée and I have been separated due to COVID since the beginning of the pandemic; it is my plan to travel to a country that is not banned by the US, wait there for 14 days then travel from there to the US.

I have searched high and low but cannot seem to find a clear list of countries that the US is allowing travel from.

please please if you have any knowledge on this I would appreciate your help, we miss each other terribly. I’m sure no one has the time for the full list but just a few that you know aren’t banned with help me out.

thank you
All countries other than the ones listed here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...countries.html

Somewhere like Mexico or a Caribbean island seem to be popular choices, and assuming your fiancée is a US citizen or LPR, s/he could of course visit you too.

Originally Posted by TakeTheSky1138
I have also heard that if I am the fiancé of a US citizen I may be eligible for travel exemption but this to is not clear. Please help.
Edited as just saw your edit - Afraid it's only spouses AFAIK, but you can check the full list of exemptions here - https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...virus-disease/

HTH.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel to the US

Anywhere that isn't Schengen, UK, Ireland, Brazil, China, India or Iran. Common places include Croatia (interestingly not in schengen) and Mexico. Also Caribbean is possible but more expensive. As a Brit, it's quite easy to get into lots of other places visa free. Canada will become possible after Sept 7th from what I understand (but only if flying Canada to US after 14 days).

Bare in mind, you'll need lots of holiday to do 2 weeks + time in US.