Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Old Jul 21st 2001, 4:11 pm
XtrynytiX

Hi Guys

Does anyone here know where I can get one-way travel insurance in the UK? My company
(AXA) will not do it. They say they will only issue cover if I am returning
(personally I think they are just saying that cos I am leaving rofl). All I need is
cover for the flight (ie luggage and stuff). As soon as I step out of the airport,
Mark's insurance picks up. Does anyone know who might cover me? I thought of an
annual policy but they will not cover me if I am not resident in the UK. I also
thought of a back-packers policy. I will be returning at Christmas so I will need
insurance then. I can get cover from the US no problem for that but its the question
of 'citizenship' for want of a better word. Will a long-term policy bought here, be
valid after AOS? There must be a policy out there to cover Ex-pats.

Help!

Thanks as always Becki (and Mark)

Old Jul 21st 2001, 6:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused. Are you talking about insurance of possessions only? Can't you get that through your travel agent or at the airport?

How can Mark's homeowner's insurance cover you if you are not formally living together or married? Your name is not on the lease. Your possessions are not registered?

Please unconfuse me ;-)

Rita
Old Jul 21st 2001, 7:36 pm
Xtrynytix

No the travel agents can only supply me with insurance for a return trip. Besides, I
booked my flight through Expedia. They don't offer one-way only insurance either.
When I said that Mark's insurance will pick-up what I mean is that we have already
arranged for my insurance needs for the moment I get out of the airport. I didn't
actually say his homeowner's insurance would cover me. We have made suitable
arrangements, I just cannot get cover for the flight.

Hope this has unconfused you.

>