Travel cot

Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:30 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Travel cot

Can any of you ladies or gents......give me any idea which travel cot to buy.....just a plan and simple one.....I don't want it to make the tea........or read a bed time story.......
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel cot

Originally Posted by krizzy
Can any of you ladies or gents......give me any idea which travel cot to buy.....just a plan and simple one.....I don't want it to make the tea........or read a bed time story.......
We have a Graco Brittany Pack'n'Play which was fine for our needs. Key thing to consider are:
- how much you will travel with it (as opposed to just needing it for guests at home) since some are much heavier than others.
- how sturdy it is. The cheaper ones I have seen are only good for baby's who don't stand (~8 mnths YMMV) since they are too flimsy to support the child's weight if they are leant against
- how easy it is to put up and down. Too easy and the baby will pack it up for you at 3am with them inside. Too hard and you'll be getting a sledgehammer out to pack it up (some mechanisms are really hard to figure out)

Best option, if you live near a Baby's'r'us or similar is to go and try a few and see what you are comfortable with.

For us the changing table was a waste of time - too small and precarious for our kids - but some of our friends loved it.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:45 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
We have a Graco Brittany Pack'n'Play which was fine for our needs. Key thing to consider are:
- how much you will travel with it (as opposed to just needing it for guests at home) since some are much heavier than others.
- how sturdy it is. The cheaper ones I have seen are only good for baby's who don't stand (~8 mnths YMMV) since they are too flimsy to support the child's weight if they are leant against
- how easy it is to put up and down. Too easy and the baby will pack it up for you at 3am with them inside. Too hard and you'll be getting a sledgehammer out to pack it up (some mechanisms are really hard to figure out)

Best option, if you live near a Baby's'r'us or similar is to go and try a few and see what you are comfortable with.

For us the changing table was a waste of time - too small and precarious for our kids - but some of our friends loved it.

Its for when my granson stays.....we need a travel cot because sometime he sleeps upshairs with his parents....and sometime down with us....carrying a real cot up and down would be a nightmare.......he is 3 months old right now......so I want it to last a little while......
Old Aug 7th 2005, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Its for when my granson stays.....we need a travel cot because sometime he sleeps upshairs with his parents....and sometime down with us....carrying a real cot up and down would be a nightmare.......he is 3 months old right now......so I want it to last a little while......
The current US equivalent of the Pack'n'play would be fine then. If you want to save a few $$ you can probably find a good used one at a garage sale/EBay/local Craig's list since they don't usually get a huge amount of use with each child. And everything is easily washable unlike normal kids mattresses etc.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 2:05 am
Re vera, potas bene.

The current US equivalent of the Pack'n'play would be fine then. If you want to save a few $$ you can probably find a good used one at a garage sale/EBay/local Craig's list since they don't usually get a huge amount of use with each child. And everything is easily washable unlike normal kids mattresses etc.
Good idea.......thank you.....I never thought of secondhand......
Old Aug 7th 2005, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice

Hi I have got the Graco Electra pack n play and I used it from when My baby was born until I put her in her toddler bed. I had no problems with this folding inwards and my daughter used to jump around in it like crazy. I had the changing table with this one and it was very useful for me. I have also traveled with my pack n play twice. It is so easy to pack up and very neat for storage. Light weight enough to take up and down stairs. Babies r us also do mattresses that fit them so if you get a second hand one look at getting a mattress they are very cheep.
Old Aug 7th 2005, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

I got a Regalo from Target for my grandson 4 years ago- and my granddaughter is now using it (still like new). It has a bassinet you can attach for young babies and then use the full size when they can sit up- it also doubles as a play pen. it wasn't too expensive ($99- 4 years ago) but it is very strong whilst being fairly easy to fold up and move around the house-and its comfortable (some aren't).
Old Aug 7th 2005, 4:03 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

I look up all of them.......I live in small town USA......so we have no large shops that are that good nearby.......getting off the Cape is a nightmare in the summer.....so I'll have to find a place that will post it to me....thats really why I wanted input....because I can't see them for myself before buying.........
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice

I look up all of them.......I live in small town USA......so we have no large shops that are that good nearby.......getting off the Cape is a nightmare in the summer.....so I'll have to find a place that will post it to me....thats really why I wanted input....because I can't see them for myself before buying.........
If you have a look at walmart and target on line they will ship it to you but you will be paying full price for it. Also some people on ebay will ship it to you but it may have to be arranged with the seller.