Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Travel ban being lifted - can unvaccinated children travel?

Travel ban being lifted - can unvaccinated children travel?

Old Oct 15th 2021, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel ban being lifted - can unvaccinated children travel?

Hi,

I can't find anything on the net yet but looking to fly out just after Xmas with two daughters, 11 and 13, anyone know what the situation is re their vaccinations? Needless to say, neither have had the jab,

Thanks

Mic

Old Oct 15th 2021, 4:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel ban being lifted - can unvaccinated children travel?

Originally Posted by Mic1
Hi,

I can't find anything on the net yet but looking to fly out just after Xmas with two daughters, 11 and 13, anyone know what the situation is re their vaccinations? Needless to say, neither have had the jab,

Thanks

Mic
Your eldest can have it, has she not been offered it in school yet? They're doing age 12 and over, mine had his last week in school (16 year old had hers a couple of months ago).
Old Oct 15th 2021, 4:13 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

Mic
12 and older are eligible here already, and by then I believe 5+ will be as well, I would assume any exemptions will be based on people who can’t get it yet vs. people who have not.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Mic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMic1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;13062108]Your eldest can have it, has she not been offered it in school yet? They're doing age 12 and over, mine had his last week in school (16 year old had hers a couple of

Thanks, TBH, we're apprehensive at the moment, do you know if they have to have had the jab?
Old Oct 15th 2021, 4:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the CDC is yet to finalise details of exemptions for children.
Old Oct 15th 2021, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, TBH, we're apprehensive at the moment, do you know if they have to have had the jab?
Oh I see, I thought maybe you didn't know 12 and overs could get it now. I'd imagine that children that can't have it will be exempt from the requirement. No idea about your 13 year old though.

Old Oct 15th 2021, 5:18 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The White House, which held a meeting late Thursday to finalize the Nov. 8 date, faces some remaining questions, including how and what exemptions the Biden administration will grant to the vaccine requirements. Children under 18, for example, are largely expected to be exempt from the requirements, an official said.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exc...al-2021-10-15/

Let's hope some concrete information's given soon.

Old Oct 15th 2021, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all,

Tickets are booked, i'll just play it by ear,

Mic