Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Transfer funds - UK to US

Transfer funds - UK to US

Old Feb 1st 2008, 11:55 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer funds - UK to US

Originally Posted by zargof
Oh, I found out HSBC is not the world's local bank when I had to get a new credit card after they stopped my old card because of some fraud issue. I don't know how many times I said to the guy on the phone that I was in the US and to send it to my address rather than my branch. Of course it still ended up at the branch!! In the end I had to get my Mum to go to my branch and then post it too me as that was clearly beyond their capabilities!:curse:

This is just one of the examples of how they've been useless ever since I've moved here. Suffice as to say I'm not a big fan.
That's weird...I just emailed them, that was a bit of a hassle, but I had my card sent to me after a few weeks and they were pretty good on the phone.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 3:17 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's weird...I just emailed them, that was a bit of a hassle, but I had my card sent to me after a few weeks and they were pretty good on the phone.
Fair enough. I've just found that when ever I've had a problem trying to explain it them on the phone takes forever as it's not something they usually deal with. I've been told several times by them that I would need to go into a branch to do something, which is impossible for me.

But still I guess I shouldn't grumble too much as they've lent me a ton of money so I could a graduate degree over here, which in case you didn't know is rather expensive...

Z
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
...which in case you didn't know is rather expensive...

Z
tell me about it

the missus is doing a part time masters through Kings online, at the time it was really cheap, but now with the exchange rate, it's gotten rather expensive and she'd wished she'd done it full time now...still a hell of a lot cheaper than doing one over here, and it has more substance as it's one of those weird terrorism and war subjects.