Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Transatlantic Recruiting - are they any good?

Transatlantic Recruiting - are they any good?

Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

CornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant future
Default Transatlantic Recruiting - are they any good?

Does anyone have any experience of Transatlantic Recruiting? Are they any good?

Last edited by meauxna; Mar 26th 2010 at 7:02 pm. Reason: URL removed
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transatlantic Recruiting - are they any good?

Any good in what way? What specialty, etc.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

CornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant futureCornwallUK has a brilliant future

As is does anyone know if they're a genuine company that has effectively placed people they know?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

can't blame Mo for her question, you didn't say specifically that the name of the company was transatlantic recruiting

I also assumed that you were asking a question about any transatlantic recruiting companies
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not, they can't guarantee you'll get sponsored.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Englishtart
can't blame Mo for her question, you didn't say specifically that the name of the company was transatlantic recruiting

I also assumed that you were asking a question about any transatlantic recruiting companies
Eh? I wasn't blaming anyone for anything

When I posted the question I included the URL for Transatlantic Recruiting so it would have been obvious it was about that company but for some reason Mo removed it, presumably leading to your confusion.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:33 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CornwallUK
Eh? I wasn't blaming anyone for anything

When I posted the question I included the URL for Transatlantic Recruiting so it would have been obvious it was about that company but for some reason Mo removed it, presumably leading to your confusion.
Went and had a look at the site. You can use this site and save yourself the 500 nicker. All the info is here.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I have never heard of them or seen them mentioned on this site (use the search to double check). I would be very wary after reading the sales pitch on the contact us page:
Tired of that same old UK rain, UK tax... that never ending battle just to make ends meet and then just to survive until the next pay cheque...

You can live the American dream just like many other Brits have done by jumping ship and beginning a new life, and new future for your children, and much more.

We remove URLs for new posters so they don't advertise. If you're advertising for them, you've done a great job now!

We have rain here, and tax, and many people have a never ending battle to make ends meet.. we just spell it pay check here.

The H-1B quota has also already been filled for this year. You still haven't said what sort of work you do. The H-1B is not suitable for all jobs.

Go to the Pulaski's Ways wiki article to find out about other sorts of visas. That company seems to be offering a lot of services you don't necessarily need.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
You still haven't said what sort of work you do. The H-1B is not suitable for all jobs.
I'll train as whatever's necessary.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:56 pm

It doesn't work that way.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
It doesn't work that way.
Please explain Surely if I go to university it makes sense to train in whatever they're wanting?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:59 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

PhD in a nanotechnology together with a Nobel prize would work well.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:02 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Please explain Surely if I go to university it makes sense to train in whatever they're wanting?
It doesn't work that way because you are trying to place the egg before the chicken. In order to be eligible for a work visa, it is my understanding that you have to have the job first - in that a company/employer has to sponsor you for that visa.

It's incredibly hard to get into the US through an employer because there are so many out of work Americans who will be given jobs before a company will spend the money on a visa for a foreigner. Unfortunately the only 'easy' way to get in is via marriage/engagement to a US citizen, and even that has it's conditions.

Unfortunately, sites like the one you mention make it look like they can provide the American Dream for a couple of hundred quid but in reality they will just bugger off with your money

Oh the other hand, there is always Canada, or Oz . . .
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:19 pm
Wondering if...

celticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond reputecelticgrid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
PhD in a nanotechnology together with a Nobel prize would work well.
No need to waste time with the PhD, go straight for the Nobel...it comes with enough money to then consider investment opportunities
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart

Ah, but he would have used the singular to refer to "transatlantic recruiting" in that case . Or said something like "Transatlantic recruiters" instead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.