Reload this Page >

TRAGEDY! Cadburys Takeover Bid

TRAGEDY! Cadburys Takeover Bid

Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

UrsTX is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down TRAGEDY! Cadburys Takeover Bid

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/282385

My heart is racing just thinking about Cadburys becoming an Americanized chocolate maker. There's nothing better than their milk chocolate and the prices are great too. I'm distraut!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRAGEDY! Cadburys Takeover Bid

All we can hope id that it doesn't go through
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:59 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

That would be a tragedy if they made chocolate to the US recipe. I can only hope that they will still carry on making chocolate in the UK to the UK recipe and carry on exporting it to foreign countries with little union jacks all over it like they already do.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

Cadbury's chocolate here is crap so I hope this doesn't go through either! I think they wouldn't be doing themselves any favours changing to the American recipe anyway as all us British would hate it and stop buying!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of

Looks like Ferrero and Hershey are also interested according to the Beeb. I wonder how many signatures an online petition for "Keep Cadbury's British" would get.....

Cadbury's is a British institution like tea and cucumber sandwiches; can't be long before some American company tries to claim rights to the "fish & chips" phrase. Dear old Mr.Churchill would be turning in his grave methinks.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ciderman
Looks like Ferrero and Hershey are also interested according to the Beeb. I wonder how many signatures an online petition for "Keep Cadbury's British" would get.....

Cadbury's is a British institution like tea and cucumber sandwiches; can't be long before some American company tries to claim rights to the "fish & chips" phrase. Dear old Mr.Churchill would be turning in his grave methinks.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/n...rys/index.html
I found this petition online...
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't eat the stuff but as I understand it, Belgium and Swiss chocolate is far superior to anything Cadbury's churn out.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I don't eat the stuff but as I understand it, Belgium and Swiss chocolate is far superior to anything Cadbury's churn out.
If you don't eat it then why express a preference?

It depends, in my opinion, on why you like chocolate. I personally don't like the cacao taste on its own as much as I like the milk powder or condensed milk added to it. In fact, I find most high-end dark chocolates disappointing because they taste bitter to me.

I don't know what Cadburys does to their milk chocolate - I assume it has something to do with the milk fat content - but it's far superior to any other milk chocolate that I've tried. A lot of the German/belgian/swiss milk chocolates are sweeter in my opinion. (Although to be fair, I wouldn't turn chocolate down from anywhere.) American chocolate tastes waxy to me - I've heard it's because they use vegetable oil in place of the milk fat. Don't know if that's true. But I only eat Hershey's on smores. My fear for Cadburys is that if they go American then the American makers will skimp on the cacao butter or milk product (to save money and increase profit) - and therefore I'll have to find a new favorite milk chocolate.

Ok - that's enough about chocolate - I'm making myself hungry....
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:32 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ciderman

Or Donald Trump will turn Buckingham Palace into an interactive theme park (well he is taking over Scotland, so why not?)
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:53 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I just spent $35 in our local store that sells some British choc's - not all just some. I told the lady that runs the store about this take over bid and she was horrified, she was selecting her munchies for the weekend - choccy buttons were the 1st selected Even she says US cadbury's is crap in comparison, this could be the beginning of the end Apparently it is vegetebale oil that is used in the US products. I find the US product is bitty, it's not as smooth at the UK stuff.

Well I'm off now to go and wrap up the selection box.....there is a WISPA in there - haven't had one of those in years, so I'd best wrap 'em before I eat 'em
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UrsTX
I didn't as I don't have one. I made a comment based on what I've been told and read frequently. It's a public forum, be a bit odd if no one replied with a different take on a subject.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
be a bit odd if no one replied with a different take on a subject.
Too True. I guess I'm feeling defensive because of the threat to my Cadburys Curly Wurlies.
What keeps you from partaking? Choice, taste, allergy?

I'm not a chocoholic as they say, but certainly have a good craving now and then. Usually indulge in baked versions here...

This stuff is local (Austin) and amazing, between the consistency of a mousse and a brownie:
http://www.milesofchocolate.com/
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:56 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

It is reported that one of Hersheys main reasons for buying is because of the Cadburys presence overseas. Given that, it would not be in its best interests to make changes to the Cadbury products.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UrsTX

It depends, in my opinion, on why you like chocolate. I personally don't like the cacao taste on its own as much as I like the milk powder or condensed milk added to it. In fact, I find most high-end dark chocolates disappointing because they taste bitter to me.

I don't know what Cadburys does to their milk chocolate - I assume it has something to do with the milk fat content - but it's far superior to any other milk chocolate that I've tried. A lot of the German/belgian/swiss milk chocolates are sweeter in my opinion. (Although to be fair, I wouldn't turn chocolate down from anywhere.) American chocolate tastes waxy to me - I've heard it's because they use vegetable oil in place of the milk fat. Don't know if that's true. But I only eat Hershey's on smores. My fear for Cadburys is that if they go American then the American makers will skimp on the cacao butter or milk product (to save money and increase profit) - and therefore I'll have to find a new favorite milk chocolate.

Ok - that's enough about chocolate - I'm making myself hungry....
Hershey bars taste like parmesan cheese. How do they do that to chocolate?
Old Nov 24th 2009, 1:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

[QUOTE=UrsTX;8119900]Too True. I guess I'm feeling defensive because of the threat to my Cadburys Curly Wurlies.
What keeps you from partaking? Choice, taste, allergy?

All three Never liked the taste or texture as a kid, tried some in my teens and found it would bring on a mega migraine quicker than most people get through a bar.

Now the very smell of the stuff makes me dry heave so I choose not to eat the stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.