Reload this Page >

Tracking Down US Employers ???

Tracking Down US Employers ???

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:08 am
Just Joined

pianoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tracking Down US Employers ???

Hi

Looking to apply for a H-2B VISA i understand before doing so i need to track down a employer (Sponsor) to submit the application. My point is where online does one go to find a list of US employers giving out these temporary seasonal jobs?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tracking Down US Employers ???

Sorry, no "magic" list
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 2:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Sorry, no "magic" list
which fruit would you prefer to pick for 14 hours a day

before you you return to your 20 a room luxury accomodation
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:06 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pianoman
Hi

Looking to apply for a H-2B VISA i understand before doing so i need to track down a employer (Sponsor) to submit the application. My point is where online does one go to find a list of US employers giving out these temporary seasonal jobs?
Use myvisajobs.com. Don't pay them any money -- you should be able to identify the employers who have had successful H2b petitions recently from their database...and contact them directly.

You really won't enjoy the H2b experience, though.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

OP can speak Spanish, so he would be able to converse.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
which fruit would you prefer to pick for 14 hours a day

before you you return to your 20 a room luxury accomodation
Maybe I'm dumb but isn't the 2B for non-agricultural workers?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Maybe I'm dumb but isn't the 2B for non-agricultural workers?
2A is for Agricultural. 2B is the ski bum visa. Or Hospitality, but I guess that is harder to prove nowadays.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

You really won't enjoy the H2b experience, though.
Why's that my friend ?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

I read that a H2B VISA is valid up to 3 years, but the H2B worker goes to a different State after every 6 months - which is termed a Roll-Over. Since H2B workers are filling-in seasonal jobs, it is vital that they move to another state when they finish the 6 months term of work, is this correct ?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I read that a H2B VISA is valid up to 3 years, but the H2B worker goes to a different State after every 6 months - which is termed a Roll-Over. Since H2B workers are filling-in seasonal jobs, it is vital that they move to another state when they finish the 6 months term of work, is this correct ?
Stuff I have read is it is valid for 1 year but can be extended up to 3 years but you must leave the US at the end of 6 months for 6 months so doubt you can move from state to state every 6 months

Duration

Once approved, an H-2B Visa is good for the length of the TLC for a maximum of one year. Renewals for an H-2B visa may be extended for a maximum of three years in one-year increments. Upon reaching completion of the maximum stay a Beneficiary must depart the U.S. for at least six months.
http://www.usvisa.com/h-2_visa.shtml

To qualify for H-2B nonimmigrant classification:

* The employer must establish that its need for the prospective worker’s services or labor is temporary, regardless of whether the underlying job can be described as permanent or temporary. The employer’s need is considered temporary if it is a one-time occurrence, a seasonal need, a peak-load need, or an intermittent need
* The employer must demonstrate that there are not sufficient U.S. workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available to do the temporary work
* The employer must show that the employment of H-2B workers will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed U.S. workers
* Generally, a single, valid temporary labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), or, in the case where the workers will be employed on Guam, from the Governor of Guam, must be submitted with the H-2B petition. (Exception: an employer is not required to submit a temporary labor certification with its petition if it is requesting H-2B employment in a position for which the DOL does not require the filing of a temporary labor certification application)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:22 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Why's that my friend ?
Bum wages, bum conditions, bum prospects.

Easier to work a bum job in Europe and then holiday in the US.
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

snowmaker28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Bum wages, bum conditions, bum prospects.

Easier to work a bum job in Europe and then holiday in the US.
You probably too late for this comming winter, therse no easy way to find employer to sponser but to go ask. all employers have cut there numbers so
maybe get a skill needed by working europe first.
Dont expect to get rich ,but might be a lifestile choice.
H2B snowmaker 11 years