Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tornadoes FFS

Wikiposts

Tornadoes FFS

Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:08 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tornadoes FFS

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
That one was very beneficial in many respects to the area I now live in

It messed up a lot of houses in the ghetto (east nashville) that owners had no insurance on - even 5 years ago the place was still a scary shithole and some places still are

banks foreclosed since owners couldn't afford to rebuild and artists/gays/musicians moved in

i live in the area in a 1910 victorian that was a crack house 8 years ago

heres the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashvil...tbreak_of_1998

We got hit with the wave the week before that-4 people killed in my county.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:26 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Let me add that I'll probably go to bed fully clothed in case a dive down into the basement is required.
Hope all ok with you. The news is bad about how massive the damage has been. Let us know how you are asap.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Hope all ok with you. The news is bad about how massive the damage has been. Let us know how you are asap.
Thanks CS. All is well with us and my family. All of the bad stuff stayed south of us. OH told me we did lose power temporarily, but I wasn't aware of it. I did go ahead and get myself out of bed at 1am cuz when it hit, I couldn't sleep through it! I'm positively dragging at work today!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:08 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks CS. All is well with us and my family. All of the bad stuff stayed south of us. OH told me we did lose power temporarily, but I wasn't aware of it. I did go ahead and get myself out of bed at 1am cuz when it hit, I couldn't sleep through it! I'm positively dragging at work today!
I bet you are knackered. Hope thats them all gone, bloody awful.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

I wish all of those in harms way, the best of luck and stay safe and well.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
I wish all of those in harms way, the best of luck and stay safe and well.
I second that. If you live in any of the affected areas, please check-in and let us know that you are safe.

Let's Be Careful Out There (Hill Street Blues)

Jim.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:29 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I second that. If you live in any of the affected areas, please check-in and let us know that you are safe.

Let's Be Careful Out There (Hill Street Blues)

Jim.
That was a good show........... I liked the theme music.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Well, all is not entirely well. I just spoke with my mother. She told me her SO's house has a tree on it. It came through the roof, through a 2nd story bedroom and into the dining room. Luckily, he was staying at my mom's house, but now they can't find his poor cat! Not only has the tree caused damage, but all the rain is basically going to make it unlivable.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:42 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Well, all is not entirely well. I just spoke with my mother. She told me her SO's house has a tree on it. It came through the roof, through a 2nd story bedroom and into the dining room. Luckily, he was staying at my mom's house, but now they can't find his poor cat! Not only has the tree caused damage, but all the rain is basically going to make it unlivable.
Thats terrible, I'm sorry to hear it

we hid in the bathroom for 30 mins when the first bunch came through