Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Top Shop coming to the USA?

Top Shop coming to the USA?

Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Shop coming to the USA?

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
They're considering opening 150 new franchises worldwide but nothing for North America ---> http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1802183,00.html

Do they still own Brook's Brothers or did they flog that off?
After several unsuccessful attempts I'm pretty sure they finally sold it and the King's supermarkets too. Hard to keep up though.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:12 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I wish M&S would at least do mail order to the US.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I wish M&S would at least do mail order to the US.
So do I. For about 5 yrs I had all my mail re-directed over here...so I just ordered things from M & S and they would arrive in the US about a week later.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:24 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Top Shop coming to the USA?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
After several unsuccessful attempts I'm pretty sure they finally sold it and the King's supermarkets too. Hard to keep up though.
Yes Brooks Bros. was sold a few years ago and the King's supermarkets just recently to D'Agostino's (who are big in NYC).

When I first moved here our local Short Hills Mall had a Laura Ashley soft furnishings store but they pulled out a long time ago. I loved the Aussie 'Country Road' store which was a cross between Next and Banana Republic....but that closed down as well. There's only the 'Body Shop' and 'French Connection' at the mall now.

I knew that there were some Monsoon stores in some parts of the US but I understand that they pulled out of the American market about 2 or 3 years ago.

In New York city there is a huge new 'flagship' Ben Sherman store in Soho and Stella McCartney has a shop in the Meatpacking district (wouldn't bother going there though as it would be too bloomin' expensive!) plus some other British 'boutique' type stores (ie. expensive) in the Meatpacking district and close to the 'A Salt And Battery' fish & chip shop.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:26 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

What is really bothering me is the exponential increase of clothes made in China. I would really like the choice of buying clothes made elsewhere due to human rights violations and perhaps wanting to support the US or EU economies; but these choices are rapidly diminishing.

Meanwhile I pretty much refuse to buy much new clothing for myself and my youngest daughter who has big sister's hand-me-downs.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by looselips
Just read this article that Top Shop are following on from the success of Zara and H&M are are scouting for a location in New York to open by next spring.

Top Shop

The good news continues as they are expenading their website in September to include US.

So excited. I think I am going to start a Top Shop fund that will probably surpass my 401k.

wowow, i wonder if there US website ships to canada? lol if not im going shopping in nyc for sure haha
Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:47 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=snowbunny]What is really bothering me is the exponential increase of clothes made in China. [QUOTE]

I find it strange that so many shoes sold in the US are made in China. They are rarely comfortable. Even big names like Kenneth Cole. Give me Italian or Brazilian made shoes any day.
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shahlax
I find it strange that so many shoes sold in the US are made in China. They are rarely comfortable. Even big names like Kenneth Cole. Give me Italian or Brazilian made shoes any day.
Check out Aldo's, plenty made in Italy and Brazil...nice and comfy too
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Check out Aldo's, plenty made in Italy and Brazil...nice and comfy too
<drools> I've just discovered Aldo shoes..its the first shoe shop here that I've actually liked, seem to be pretty good quality and not too expensive..
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
<drools> I've just discovered Aldo shoes..its the first shoe shop here that I've actually liked, seem to be pretty good quality and not too expensive..
definitely a surprise gem, I've had some Aldo shoes for a few years now, and they are really nicely made, and they do fantastic sales every now and again, great bargains to be had....god i'm starting to sound like such a girl *l*