Reload this Page >

Top five foods you miss from the UK

Wikiposts

Top five foods you miss from the UK

Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

WVDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Top five foods you miss from the UK

I thought i'd start a thread with the top five food I miss from the UK, after lamenting that it's been years since I have had a cornbeeth pasty from Greggs

1. Greggs pastys
2. Blackpudding
3. Sausage rolls
4. Ripples
5. Fish shop large sausage in batter
Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top five foods you miss from the UK

Originally Posted by WVDreamer
I thought i'd start a thread with the top five food I miss from the UK, after lamenting that it's been years since I have had a cornbeeth pasty from Greggs

1. Greggs pastys
2. Blackpudding
3. Sausage rolls
4. Ripples
5. Fish shop large sausage in batter
After that list, I think it's just as well you don't live in the UK as you'd have had a coronary by now!
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What the punars is a Ripple?

Agree about the battered sausage though...but we make our own cornish pasties and sausage rolls to make do, but do miss the convenience of being able to pick one up cheaply for lunch
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob

Like a flake but better.

I have tried making my own pastys but I just can't seem to replicate the greggs style ones, mine are more traditional cornish pastys.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Agree about the battered sausage though...but we make our own cornish pasties and sausage rolls to make do, but do miss the convenience of being able to pick one up cheaply for lunch
OMG Bob, you've never had a Galaxy Ripple? They are amazing, it's a bit like a flake coated in chocolate.
http://www.chocablog.com/reviews/galaxy-ripple/
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
After that list, I think it's just as well you don't live in the UK as you'd have had a coronary by now!
I went from being 6ft 200lbs to 275lbs after a few years in the USA. Over the last year i've knocked that down to 205lbs atm lol.

All those all you can eat chinese buffet and way too many massive steak dinners really had an effect
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:31 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WVDreamer
I went from being 6ft 200lbs to 275lbs after a few years in the USA. Over the last year i've knocked that down to 205lbs atm lol.

All those all you can eat chinese buffet and way too many massive steak dinners really had an effect
I was 6'2 215 when I got here, now I'm trying to get back to there! Not sure what I am now but I've lost a few notches on my belt size since I stopped eating meat!

Not sure how I'm gonna cope when I get back to the UK and see good bacon!

Will have to think about my top 5 though

Last edited by MrEmjoy; Oct 18th 2011 at 10:33 am.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

1. Clotted cream.
2. Bacon
3. Granary unsliced bread.
4. Galaxy chocolate (all of it, minstrels, ripples, bars).
5. Pastys/sausage rolls etc (although I do make then not the same as getting them from The Cornish Bakehouse).
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=nethead;9682666]1. Clotted cream.

Minstrels, omg I forgot all about those.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:45 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

1. Sausages
2. Curry
3. Cream
4. Biscuits
5. Fish from the chippy.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

A hand drawn pint of Wadworths 6X bitter.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:13 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
OMG Bob, you've never had a Galaxy Ripple? They are amazing, it's a bit like a flake coated in chocolate.
http://www.chocablog.com/reviews/galaxy-ripple/
Yes, I remember those...been a while and totally forget about them.,..they are quite lovely
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:19 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Now I've gone all Homer......(the way he dreams of doughnuts)

1 plaice and chips
2 fish and chips (whatever it was they pretended was cod)
3 curry and chips
4 chip shop sausage dinner
5 generic chip shop Chinese dish with half and half

I think I am missing the chippy
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:20 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

1. Fish n Chips
2. Curry
3. Black Pudding
4. Sausages
5. Extra Thick Jersey Double Cream from M&S

I could go on and on....
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nethead
1. Clotted cream.
2. Bacon
3. Granary unsliced bread.
5. Pastys/sausage rolls etc (although I do make then not the same as getting them from The Cornish Bakehouse).
Hmmm I want to add haddock and chips, with mushy peas to my list , I'll think I'll have to take out the chocolate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.