15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Tongue on a mutton day

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tongue on a mutton day

Mornin'

Just a quick show of hands for The Fast Show being one of the funniest shows ever.

Unpacked my DVDs and dug out series 1 & 2 and spent the next several hours watching Unlucky Alf, Channel 9 (strangely familiar now I'm in the US), Jesse's Diets et all.

I just KNOW that none of my new US friends will get the humour but it'll keep me going =)

Cheers,
David.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 3:30 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

I loved that show, but my wife just never got it. She thought it was all a little weird.
Mind you she is an American
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

datcha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by excpomea
I loved that show, but my wife just never got it. She thought it was all a little weird.
Mind you she is an American
With you on that. Actually tho, Michelle does say "Scorchio" quite a lot these days - I guess Paola Fisch had an effect on her. Other than that she laughs at me laughing at the TV.

Cheers,
David.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 4:36 am
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tongue on a mutton day

Originally posted by datcha
Mornin'

Just a quick show of hands for The Fast Show being one of the funniest shows ever.
Definately! My favourite has to be one of the Christmas specials think it was 1996 the whole Cheesy Peas for Baby Jeeesus was brill! And the brilliant "brilllllliantt"!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough I am waiting for series one and two to arrive in the post.

The episode they were joined by Johnny Depp was hilarious - he really got into the "suit you sir"

My favourite characters are Ted and Ralph, bless em..
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 5:13 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

The Ted and Ralph one where Ralph goes into the pub to tell Ted that his wife has died, but he has to play the pub game Ted and his mates are playing to give him the bad news.
Writing at it's best.

Those thirty-something exec blokes in the pub and a mate of their's comes in. He's still got the pony tail and despite being past it dresses like he is twenty years younger.
On his arm is this young blonde girl who they all salivate over, then one of them actually says what they are all thinking. (Not going to repeat it here)

"Me - The 2nd Duke of Wimborne, here in a girls dormitory after dark ?"

"Cleaning a car is like making love to a woman...."
(When we moved over here we went to buy a car and at every dealer we went to I went: "Alright Swiss" to every car salesman.)

The suits you guys when they had a live one.

"You a piano player then ? Hardest job in the world that..."

"I'm afraid I was very...very...drunk."

The old couple painting scenery. "The black...the black...."

Actually I prefer Father Ted....

I'll get me coat.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

A great show it is.

On a side not, if you watch most of Jonny Depps films from the last 5 years or so there is usually some kind of reference to the Fast Show. Like in Pirates of The Carabean (the deleted scene in the cave) "I'll get me coat"
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 5:29 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question.
I always remember it being called 'The fast show'
But I seem to recall it being called 'Brilliant' over here, now why the hell would that be?

Is 'Fast' too politically incorrect?
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:14 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul Whitehouse is a genius. One of the best comedy shows ever. I had no idea they had been released on DVD. Is there anywhere I can get the discs in the states? I usually buy my UK stuff from Barnes and Nobel but havent seen the Fast Show.
"Today I got all six numbers and the bonus ball in the national lottery, I am a millionaire...which was nice"
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:16 am
spiggle meister

Location: Manchester-Surrey-Coventry-Hampshire-West Yorkshire, now Woodland Hills,CA!
crazi_daizi is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the one where he found he'd put a decimal point in the wrong place so rubbed it out and discovered he really had found a cure for cancer, which was nice was fab!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:28 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

If you like cheese, and you like peas - you'll love cheesy peas!!!!

Today, I are mostly wearing Gucci!

Class, almost as good as kick up the eighties (kevin Turvey), Absolutley and Naked video

Patrick
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite was Paul Whitehouse's "Geezer".

"I'm a little bit wah, woo"
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:44 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
Class, almost as good as kick up the eighties (Kevin Turvey),

"I answered the front door in my pyjamas. Strange place to have a door but anyway...."
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tony_2003
Paul Whitehouse is a genius. One of the best comedy shows ever. I had no idea they had been released on DVD. Is there anywhere I can get the discs in the states? I usually buy my UK stuff from Barnes and Nobel but havent seen the Fast Show.
"Today I got all six numbers and the bonus ball in the national lottery, I am a millionaire...which was nice"
Got mine from Amazon UK - have a DVD player that will now support multi-region after a little tinkering(well it always did I just had to access the secret menu) .
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 7:02 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

"rrr bllrr rrr hroor rrrr rrrr grrr phreeeerrr SNAKE!!! SNAKE!! I was very, very drunk"

I think that was Rolly Berkin QC?? My favourite Fast Show character along with Ted and Ralph.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.