Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa

Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa

Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:30 am
Just Joined

raf rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa

I am applying for E2 derivative visa and got interview with US Embassy in London in few weeks, please share some tips.. i will be very thankful.

Regards
Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips

I suggest this question would be better asked in the US Immigration and Visas sub-forum.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raf rose
I am applying for E2 derivative visa and got interview with US Embassy in London in few weeks, please share some tips.. i will be very thankful.

Regards
Your process should be cut and dry. You are married to an E-2 holder (take proof of both marriage and the other half's legal status in the US) and you are wanting to join him. TBF your partner did all the hard work getting the E-2, compared to that yours should be a walk in the park.

Dont take anything electronic with you as it will not be allowed into the embassy. There is a Pharmacy near by that allows you to store goods there for a reasonable charge.

Answer all questions honestly as they are asked. Do not try to interprete their questions and answer according to your interpretation, ask them to repeat anything you dont understand.

Finally, take a book....You may need it. No idea how many people will be there nor how long your waiting time will be.

Good Luck
Old Apr 19th 2013, 1:15 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

As for the process just answer the questions short and simple, don't get too worked up or excited, the actual embassy bit of the process was very much an anticlimax for us.

The only ’mistake' I made was on our renewal visit, my car door opener (the remote) was on my keyring and that was classed as an electronic device so I had to run along to the chemist the above poster mentioned and have it stored. I felt a bit stupid after remembering not to take my phone, ipad, nook, etc
Old Apr 19th 2013, 2:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa

Regards
I have changed the title of your thread. When I saw the title 'Tips' I thought it was another thread about tipping hairdressers, waiters etc.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

i am guessing it will be a little tough for me cuz i have been refused to get B1 and denied entry cuz i was travelling on ESTA to see my husband... but thanx a lot guys for your polite tips! and i hope for the best!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

i am guessing it will be a little tough for me cuz i have been refused to get B1 and denied entry cuz i was travelling on ESTA to see my husband... but thanx a lot guys for your polite tips! and i hope for the best!
Good luck. Let us know how it goes
Old Apr 20th 2013, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: Tips for attending interview for the E2 derivative visa

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have changed the title of your thread. When I saw the title 'Tips' I thought it was another thread about tipping hairdressers, waiters etc.
LOL you are right i didnt think of that! and thanx for changing it into a proper title, now it makes more sence
Old Apr 20th 2013, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL you are right i didnt think of that! and thanx for changing it into a proper title, now it makes more sence
Sense?
Old Apr 21st 2013, 12:00 am
Just Joined

lol yes