Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ticket prices down for May $$$

ticket prices down for May $$$

Old Apr 24th 2004, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up ticket prices down for May $$$

I'm a little late with this, but you can fly in May for a reasonable price roundtrip to Gatwick from Atlanta for $408 with American Airlines or $592 NONSTOP with Delta. It looks like prices are down for this coming month, but they are still double for roundtrip in June.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I received an email from B.A. yesterday offering real cheap flights from the U.K. out to here for later in the year, just in case anybody has family or friends coming over. November looks like a good time to fly out.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 12:21 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
I received an email from B.A. yesterday offering real cheap flights from the U.K. out to here for later in the year, just in case anybody has family or friends coming over. November looks like a good time to fly out.
You should be at your birthday party.
Old Apr 24th 2004, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
You should be at your birthday party.
I'm off to dinner soon
Old Apr 24th 2004, 1:01 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot

I think it has everything to do with the uncertainty of whether or not British citizens (and those from other visa-waiver countries) will be allowed into the US with their non-biometric passports unless they have a B-2 tourist visa.

I think that the US Embassy will have to extned the deadline. They jolly well knew that the UK Passport Authority had made it clear that they would be unable to process biometric passports before the October 24th deadline. Most Brits won't want to book trips to the States from late October onwards as they won't want the hassle of having to go to Grosvenor Square for an interview for a tourist visa!

(Actually air ticket prices are usually at their lowest in the late Autumn through Winter in the colder climes of the Northern hemisphere, with the exception of the Christmas/New Year period - although Christmas Day is usually a cheap day to fly).
Old Apr 24th 2004, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that BA's cheap deal over the winter months happens every year. I flew back to UK in December for just over $200 round trip last year and I know the deal was on the year before too. Its also worth noting that BA seem to fly more direct routes in the winter, my kids flew Glasgow - Detroit direct in December but the flight doesnt exist in the summer months.
As for summer prices my tickets London to Detoit have just cost a weee bit short of $2,400 :scared:

Jan
Old May 6th 2004, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

I've noticed that - went to see my g/f in March, cost £249 return on Northwest from LGW to DTW (plus the extra £130 for return flights to Gatwick from the Isle of Man )

Looking now and cheapest I've seen is just over £420 in June, although they're going fast.
Old May 6th 2004, 6:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rallybug
I've noticed that - went to see my g/f in March, cost £249 return on Northwest from LGW to DTW (plus the extra £130 for return flights to Gatwick from the Isle of Man )

Looking now and cheapest I've seen is just over £420 in June, although they're going fast.

It's a tourist season thing. Strangely enough, there's not a mad rush of Americans who want to go to England in January.
Old May 7th 2004, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rallybug

This is funny: Using a departure of 5/25 and a return of 6/8..

If you were to fly to Atlanta (ATL) the full RT ticket price is just $371, not only that, but you have a stop @ Pittsburgh Intl Apt (PIT) which is 290 miles from Detroit.

You could fly from LGW to ATL and then use another RT ticket from ATL to DTW for $176.
The cost of the total journey of 4,830 miles each way on these two separate fares is $547.

However, to book RT fare from LGW to DTW, 3,739 miles each way, the lowest price is $861.

Last edited by jaytee; May 7th 2004 at 9:59 am.