Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A thread about constipation

Wikiposts

A thread about constipation

Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A thread about constipation

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Well she doesn't want to take the pill and why should she if the crystals work

Haven't heard what these crystals are yet JG
oooh crystals
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:12 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Are they Kristalose?

If they are they work very well with next to no side effects.
Isn't that just lactulose, don't know if you can get lactulose over the counter here, it could be cheaper than her co-pay?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:19 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
Thank you, and no I don't want to either
Think the one in 2005 was more regulated ie with cost? I've been out of the NHS for years now and was never up in the finances obviously, just care.

But do know that even now some Doctors are turning away certain patients ie could be too expensive and won't give out certain drugs as too expensive.

Now admittedly that was a couple of years ago, I just could never pin down was it the Doctors or the administration they were under ie how much funding they got. To get into the 'post code' lottery.

Never found that out, know you would know

And as this isn't UK versus US hopefully it won't get into that debate..sorry if it does,
just wanted to understand the funding at a grass roots level and why the 'post code' lottery.
Sorry realised I seem to have gone into it, so just ignore me.
And to clarify my more than usual incohesive ramble, when I was in the UK 2 years ago it was on the news re a new tablet that some people could get and others couldn't, and everyone was blaming everyone else. Can't remember the outcome or what is was for (MS or something like that )

But doesn't matter
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Exactly...that's why I started this thread. $300 for laxatives FFS.

Enter Tracy
Nonono not me. I only come up with factual hopefully useful stuff on that topic these days.

And I personally wouldn't switch from a med that was working to a new one without some compelling reason (better safety, works better, or something).
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

The previous meds I had worked every morning...crystals mixed with water...every night...hey presto. I used a spoon to disolve the crystals.

The doc. was very keen for me to try the new meds...at $300 per month...mmmm wonder what he was getting out of this.
Pretty obvious he would be getting a backhander. Ridiculous.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I wouldn't try plastic. You might end up with a nice ER doc removing the evidence.

...........which reminds me (and do not read any further if you don't want to be grossed out) There was one particular instance when an older female patient complained of an object in her vagina she couldn't remove. It was the screw cap off a coke bottle. She had a prolapsed bladder and she thought she could push it back with the bottle, I guess the top was loose or she was twisting it but when she removed the bottle the bottle top was missing It was easily removed.........she then asked for it back
Bejaysus!!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tracym

And I personally wouldn't switch from a med that was working to a new one without some compelling reason (better safety, works better, or something).
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:39 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

The doc. was very keen for me to try the new meds...at $300 per month...mmmm wonder what he was getting out of this.

For that much, I'd tell him to take a few, maybe he can crap his head back out of his a$$.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:05 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Right then, I'm back! I'd give it 10 minutes if I were you...

Oops - sorry JG