For those of you in florida

For those of you in florida

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

ejay1 will become famous soon enough
Default For those of you in florida

74-Year-Old Woman Survives Attack By Alligator

WTVJ-TV
Updated: 7:31 p.m. ET April 22, 20045:39 p.m. EDT April 22, 2004 - A 74-year-old woman survived an attack by a nearly 10-foot-long alligator that bit her on the leg and arm and dragged her into a lake.

Jane C. Keefer was stable and in good condition at HealthPark Medical Center early Thursday, hospital officials said.

Police said Keefer was attacked at about 8 p.m. Wednesday as she was gardening near the bank behind her home.

Bitten first on the leg, Keefer was able to fight the alligator off, Sanibel Police Chief Bill Tomlinson said.

The reptile lunged at her a second time, biting her arm and dragging her into the water, before her husband, William, was able to help her get away, said Lar Gregory, an investigator with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Authorities captured the alligator at 10:45 p.m. behind Keefer's home. It will be destroyed.

"This is the kind of gator that will kill you," said trapper John French.

How sad if somebody kills gators for fun they get away with it but if a gator attacks a human and the human survives, you
automatically have to kill the gator
. And they wonder why our wild life is vanishing .
Shame on these so called park rangers and animal control.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those of you in florida

The state says the alligator population has grown by an average of 160 percent since 1988 in most of the 33 lakes that state wildlife officials monitor. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wants the growth to continue, but not too much.
Over the next couple of years, the commission plans to allow up to 800 more hunters a chance to kill two alligators each during the state's annual alligator harvest. That's in September and October.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ray6
The state says the alligator population has grown by an average of 160 percent since 1988 in most of the 33 lakes that state wildlife officials monitor. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission wants the growth to continue, but not too much.
Over the next couple of years, the commission plans to allow up to 800 more hunters a chance to kill two alligators each during the state's annual alligator harvest. That's in September and October.
Yeah but their killing all the big ones. Those are the ones people want to see when visiting the everglades. 30 years ago it was common to see a 16 foot alligator. Which means that alligators are living full and healthy lives. I want to walk up to a canal and see a 16 foot alligator. Now we have all these midget alligators due to lack of food and habitat and uncontrolled culling of alligators.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 6:23 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ejay1
Yeah but their killing all the big ones. Those are the ones people want to see when visiting the everglades. 30 years ago it was common to see a 16 foot alligator. Which means that alligators are living full and healthy lives. I want to walk up to a canal and see a 16 foot alligator. Now we have all these midget alligators due to lack of food and habitat and uncontrolled culling of alligators.
Umm!!! I thing you better borrow my glasses... Largest verified alligator ever found in Florida was I believe 14ft 5/8in most are around 9ft-13ft.. culling is very strictly controlled... There were claims of super large ones in the past but never verified... Although I have no doubt 100 years ago they may well have been monster ones ..1973 was when the federal protection started for them ...
http://www.wildflorida.org/gators/faq/lwa.htm
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:16 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

kazzuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Taken near our house recently
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
alligator.bmp (900.1 KB, 108 views)
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

If the largest alligator caught and recorded was 19 feet long. How hard is it for 16 feet long gators to be common. I mean the reason for these smaller gators are a lack of food due to habitat destruction. Alligators are supposed to grow 16 feet long when they get really old. It shows that the alligator population is strong and healthy. You guys in Florida are so lucky getting the chance to live by alligators. I wish I could see a gator walking down the sidewalk of my house.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kazzuk
Taken near our house recently
WOW, you are lucky to see that, here in the panhandle they are rare due to cold winters

Suzie
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:41 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

This photo was taken from inside my pool cage. Sorry I wasn't going outside for a clearer shot.
Attached Thumbnails For those of you in florida-ali.jpg  
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

This photo was taken from inside my pool cage. Sorry I wasn't going outside for a clearer shot.

That's a nice lawn you've got at the bottom of your pool.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:47 pm
Maltesers, Flake, Mars

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
That's a nice lawn you've got at the bottom of your pool.
I was inside the cage, he was outside!
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

I was inside the cage, he was outside!

Why didn't you invite it in for a dip in your pool.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 10:41 pm
Ray

If the largest alligator caught and recorded was 19 feet long.
Maybe Fact: The longest alligator ever recorded was 19' 2'. This extremely large animal was caught in the early 1900's in Louisiana. Wild alligators do not usually grow to become larger than thirteen feet in length, and their weight peeks around six hundred pounds.
Louisiana is NOT Florida....

"Alligators can live more than 50 years, and the largest one ever recorded anywhere is claimed to be 19 feet, 2 inches, though some experts believe the record is only 15 feet, 1 inch. Less than 1 percent of alligators reach such record-breaking lengths. The largest alligator recorded in South Carolina was 13 feet, 1 inch. It was killed by a poacher more than a decade ago in Sparkleberry Swamp near Lake Marion in the Lowcountry. The mounted remains of this animal are now on display at the S.C. State Museum in Columbia.
http://www.uga.edu/srel/record.htm
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 11:36 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

How sad if somebody kills gators for fun they get away with it but if a gator attacks a human and the human survives, you
automatically have to kill the gator

why the but? i don't see anything wrong in killing the aligator. once a wild animal attacks humans it will continue to do so as it is easier to eat humans than to go out hunting for smaller animals for food. thats what happens to bears too. human life is more precious than any animals life.

anyway, gator meat is very good. tried it. the solution is controlled hunting.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 11:49 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gross50
why the but? i don't see anything wrong in killing the aligator. once a wild animal attacks humans it will continue to do so as it is easier to eat humans than to go out hunting for smaller animals for food. thats what happens to bears too. human life is more precious than any animals life.

anyway, gator meat is very good. tried it. the solution is controlled hunting.

The old eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth eh. What happened to turning the other cheek?
Old Apr 24th 2004, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

buzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nicebuzzz is just really nice

Would you want to turn the other cheek if it attacked or ate your kid or your mum??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.