Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

They didn't mention that in the Brochure!

They didn't mention that in the Brochure!

Old Jun 30th 2003, 9:24 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: They didn't mention that in the Brochure!

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Amazing how 90 % of what you post is taken as racially offensive by many people in here. Noice to know that I am not alone in finding you offensive. What are you doing on a British ex pat site anyway ?
It's people like you who are ripping these forums right down the middle. How many fingers are you pointing at yourself when you point a finger at another??
I can see even before you ever come to the US, that you are going to be an absolute misfit here. The fact that you are British has nothing to do with it. You are not a nice individual.
I have hung around here long enough to have found out for myself what other members who have now left this group never to return have been talking about. Remember you may make this a Brits only forum by being nasty to non-Brits who post here. But you are going to be living in a country where you may not be able to display your chauvinistic ideas openly when you will no longer be hiding behind a screen name...

Last edited by Ranjini; Jun 30th 2003 at 9:31 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2003, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by julieb
Thanks for the tip...will keep it in mind.

A knife???Really come on Frank...My husband has all the qualities your wife shows...but the knife is going too far!!

Enjoy the rest of your day (I mean that by the way) and my regards to your wife!

Julie
Ditto, Julie & hubby. Bless his cotton socks

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 2:52 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ranjini
Ever wondered about why your moderator was an American? Why does a British Expats forum have an American moderator??

It used to be Paul who is british, why he handed it over to a very conservative american who is offended by swearing (fair enough she has been less sensative to it lately) I don't know!

I agree it should be someone who understands the british sense of humour and that fact that not all swearing is offensive (by brits).

We should also be allowed to post naked pictures of ourselves on this forum

Patrick
Old Jul 1st 2003, 3:36 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick
It used to be Paul who is british, why he handed it over to a very conservative american who is offended by swearing (fair enough she has been less sensative to it lately) I don't know!

I agree it should be someone who understands the british sense of humour and that fact that not all swearing is offensive (by brits).

We should also be allowed to post naked pictures of ourselves on this forum

Patrick
She rarely wonders into this part of the forum. She lets you guys do pretty much what you please on this side. I have seen her move irrelevant posts from the marraige-based forum and then turn a blind eye. She wants to confine the posts on the marriage-based forum to strictly that. Nothing wrong with that.
Go ahead and post your naked pictures and see if she cares. She's a pretty cool lady....
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Smesa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Patrick
We have had all the good things about the US (a million times) but what has let you down about moving over here. Especially in respect to what people have said (and what your expectations where) compared to the reality.

I know things are going to be different state to state and city to city but do you think the Customer Service is all it is cracked up to be, are the people as nice as you thought they would be, is everything as cheap as you where led to beleive.

What has shocked you, what has surprised you, what has made you weep like a 7 year old girl who just found out Father Christmas didn't exist!

Patrick

I think people are people wherever you go. You can try to generalise a group by their country of origin but it's all a bunch of crap isn't it? I worked in customer service for citibank answering calls on credit card issues ( that was real fun let me tell you ) & some days I'd answer the phone in my most professional british mode & be a delight to deal with but other days I know I could have done alot better but whatever particular version of me that caller was getting , they were forming an opinion of 'british' people in general I'm sure.
I don't understand the american obsession with driving big expensive cars ( perhaps it's the continual bombardment of car commercials on TV) & even more perplexing is seeing the 18-19yr olds driving around in new cars...how do they do it?
Everything has sugar in it here & tastes weird. I miss Heinz spagetti & tomato soup. Sainsbury's bread. Pubs. In Florida you have to get used to living in an A/C environment 9 months of the year which I don't feel is very healthy for you, fortunately the climate allows for much outdoor activity
Not being able to get sugar popcorn at the movies.
Noboby warned me of how the insurances companies run the country & financially rape in every facet of your life.( particularly health/dental ins)
Nobody warned me how 'open' everyone I met would be about disclosing every aspect of their lives...no matter how disturbing and at first I just thought these people were just really dysfunctional &( pompously) how ' normal' my own ' kind' were but I have since realised that we are all a little *#*#*# up the only difference is the people I have met have just been more open to sharing.......sometimes it is too much though. I just want to say sometimes " shut up & get on with it, stop your whining".
I could go on but I like the sound of my own voice too much so I'll stop there. Oh, just one more...the brochure didn't warn me of increasing patriotism for my little country with each passing year...that was most unexpected.
Old Jul 1st 2003, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Ranjini
It's people like you who are ripping these forums right down the middle. How many fingers are you pointing at yourself when you point a finger at another??
I can see even before you ever come to the US, that you are going to be an absolute misfit here. The fact that you are British has nothing to do with it. You are not a nice individual.
I have hung around here long enough to have found out for myself what other members who have now left this group never to return have been talking about. Remember you may make this a Brits only forum by being nasty to non-Brits who post here. But you are going to be living in a country where you may not be able to display your chauvinistic ideas openly when you will no longer be hiding behind a screen name...
LMAO you base your blinkered viewon the fact that I will not let you and your homophobic husband post abuse about my nation unchalleneged ? Go find a Ceylonese-hump-the-sailor-bar ex-pats site, then you can spout all your drivel to those who care...ie ken & u.