Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to get to USA permanent ?

Wikiposts

Is there a way to get to USA permanent ?

Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is there a way to get to USA permanent ?

Originally Posted by Ray
The impact of the bullet in your body would make you pretty miffed
I bet ..
Briefly.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 3:21 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus..........I kinda missed this one.........

what a juicy thread
Old Sep 20th 2006, 4:44 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rodney you plonker
YUK....... :scared:

Only Fools and Horses..... Black Adder........ One Foot in the Grave........ Faulty Towers.......... Father Ted........ Pheonix Nights.........Rab C Nesbit...

Gotta get em all....

Have you seen Pheonix Nights?????
I have various episodes of all except Rab C Nesbit and Phoenix Nights - either which never heard of....
Black books cracks me up a lot.
I'll look them up. Ta.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 4:47 am
Account Closed

As subtle as a brick.

Last edited by Manc; Sep 20th 2006 at 5:53 am. Reason: uncalled for profanity.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:55 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
I have various episodes of all except Rab C Nesbit and Phoenix Nights - either which never heard of....
Black books cracks me up a lot.
I'll look them up. Ta.
phoenix nights is quality.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc
phoenix nights is quality.
Ta, I will look it up. I get a lot of UK stuff through Blockbuster on-line. Trip down memory-lane stuff mostly.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:56 pm
No income tax no V.A.T.

Rodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond reputeRodney you plonker has a reputation beyond repute

Ta, I will look it up. I get a lot of UK stuff through Blockbuster on-line. Trip down memory-lane stuff mostly.
Phoenix nights is fairly new....... the new breath of fresh air in British stand up comedy is a guy called Peter Kay......... He wrote and produced his own series called Pheonix Nights....... It's about a working mens/social club in the North of England (Bolton I think) it's genius.

Last edited by Rodney you plonker; Sep 20th 2006 at 1:58 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:39 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

We were an hour from Albany but 30mins from Saratoga (30hrs in snow).Do you know the towns Johnstown, Broadalbin, Mayfield?

They don't ring a bell. I know Albany, Delmar those areas.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blaze

They don't ring a bell. I know Albany, Delmar those areas.
These places are towns just south of the Adirondacks. We were in Johnstown. Its very Norman Rockwell in a way. Rarely went to Albany, did the 4th celeb there and the state museum is worthwhile.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:33 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

These places are towns just south of the Adirondacks. We were in Johnstown. Its very Norman Rockwell in a way. Rarely went to Albany, did the 4th celeb there and the state museum is worthwhile.

My in-laws have lived in Delmar (just outside Albany) for 20 years although they are from Mass and would love to move back someday. I have been going to this area for 16 years for visits so I know it fairly well (I can find my way to the important things like the mall without a problem! ).
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by blaze
My in-laws have lived in Delmar (just outside Albany) for 20 years although they are from Mass and would love to move back someday. I have been going to this area for 16 years for visits so I know it fairly well (I can find my way to the important things like the mall without a problem! ).
Used to like sitting in the Colonie center food court and watch the snow falling through the big windows there. Trouble was having to drive the hour plus home through it. Our nearest mall was at Rotterdam - but not as nice as those in and around Albany. If you have yet to go to the Capitol Bldgs, it is worth a trip. It looks like a castle on the inside.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:31 am
Blondie22

Used to like sitting in the Colonie center food court and watch the snow falling through the big windows there. Trouble was having to drive the hour plus home through it. Our nearest mall was at Rotterdam - but not as nice as those in and around Albany. If you have yet to go to the Capitol Bldgs, it is worth a trip. It looks like a castle on the inside.

I always go to Crossgates mall because it is the closest to the in-laws house. Stuyvesant plaza is great for the high end stores (window shopping only you understand! ). I was there about a fortnight ago and my MIL and I wandered into a little deli type store. They (to my amazement) had a small selection of British stuff for sale. I was quite upset though when I picked up a packet of cream crackers (amazing with a big chunk of cheddar cheese! ) only to find that they were expired! I did manage to buy some turkish delight and flakes that were perfectly fine though. I was upset that the only flavour of hoola hoops that they had were 'original', "where's the variety people!"
Oh, and I have never been to the Capitol buildings although I know where they are, I'll bear your tip in mind.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:25 am
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
So I think I summed him up pretty well at the get go, yer honour.

If he's a 49 year old self made millionaire, I'm Santa Claus. Ho fucking ho. Another twat bites the dust.

Hello Santa Clause
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:28 am
Banned

Bossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of lightBossman-kent is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rob B
This is bloody ridiculous.

Everyone who comes on here enquiring about coming over to the USA gets shot down and laughed off the forum. Is a disgrace.

Why don't the culrpits (ie. britvic) here shut it or make an effort to offer some useful friendly advice for a change about how the person could make it happen (plenty have done it you know and are happy), instead of telling them all that it won't happen. Everyone lives there own life, has there own reasons for wanting to come to the States and have every right to have this treated with curtosy.

This place is fast becoming the WORST place to come for advice and discussion about moving to the States.

Thank You Rob

And i agree totally , you come on here for help and tips etc, and it seems theres a few who think its highly amuxing to just Mock and take the P*** .

No wonder USA wouldnt want anymore coming in , if thats the level of what they have to judge us ExBrits by ?? .
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob B
I don't live in America so how should i know. I haven't read the whole thread anyway, just picking up at the usual pathetic initial posts in reply to a friendly enquiry.

britvic: These kinds of threads really make me

Yet again Rob is correct , since being banned for the period no less than 5 private messages have ALL said the same and listed the same few names as the Prats of this site !

Advised that to ignore what you say as you like to belittle ALL new members and due to this most will not post anymore !!!

Maybe the banning manager banned the wrong prerson?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.