Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there a site...

Is there a site...

Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:36 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold
Default Is there a site...

Hi all,
It's getting closer my interview and with my number just come up for second pack I thought it was time to get active in finding out what Florida, Yes I know before you do, has to offer.
Is there a site like the Job centre, an official site where I can email and ask more about the whole employment front going on.
I thought it time to get some serious groundwork in so I can start thinking about this whole thing more prepared like.
As always your help is invaluable
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a site...

Originally Posted by radion
Hi all,
It's getting closer my interview and with my number just come up for second pack I thought it was time to get active in finding out what Florida, Yes I know before you do, has to offer.
Is there a site like the Job centre, an official site where I can email and ask more about the whole employment front going on.
I thought it time to get some serious groundwork in so I can start thinking about this whole thing more prepared like.
You need to talk to Ray
Old Oct 13th 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=florida+%2B+jobs
Old Oct 13th 2009, 4:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
Stick with the government sites and you won't have to worry about scams etc.
http://www.floridajobs.org/
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:17 am
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Cheers guys,...as always
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Forget working... you aint gonna get a job ....

And I ain't kidding
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:57 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
You can work for the Mouse

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...hType=Advanced
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:18 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

And I ain't kidding
Ain't that the truth. Sad really.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

And I ain't kidding
Unless you have a skill/profession which is in demand and not enough Americans available, I'd say Ray's statement is pretty accurate. It really is dire here at the moment

There are many many people who are looking for work, prepared to do anything, but can't get jobs.

Last edited by coopa_troopa; Oct 15th 2009 at 5:25 am.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
You'd be very lucky to get on at Disney right now. I know quite a few people who have been trying for ages but they don't seem to be hiring, unless it's a high-end professional role.

And even if you did get on at Disney, entry-level pay is the pits
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:01 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coopa_troopa
You'd be very lucky to get on at Disney right now. I know quite a few people who have been trying for ages but they don't seem to be hiring, unless it's a high-end professional role.

And even if you did get on at Disney, entry-level pay is the pits
Depends on what you do for them, I'm sure the VP jobs advertised on there don't pay the pits.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:59 am
Wishful thinking...

Not an option really, want away from the attractions when working
Old Oct 15th 2009, 4:03 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what you do for them, I'm sure the VP jobs advertised on there don't pay the pits.
And they have jobs all over.. I was surprised!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 4:44 pm

Not an option really, want away from the attractions when working
The site has very few, if any, jobs at the theme park, thats a different section.

Originally Posted by meauxna
And they have jobs all over.. I was surprised!
Yep, you don't have to be in Orlando or Anaheim. People are always quite surprised when they find out my hubby worked for Disney in Milton Keynes