Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there a easy way to put a SMALL amount of money into my UK account from the USA

Is there a easy way to put a SMALL amount of money into my UK account from the USA

Old May 11th 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a easy way to put a SMALL amount of money into my UK account from the US

Originally Posted by WVDreamer
Apparently it's impossible to pay a British capital one UK credit card from abroad, my wife tried using our american bank card to pay it but they will only accept a British payment method grrrrrrrrrrr.

I have paid various uk credit cards from US by simply mailing a US$ check as directed on the statement. The exchange rate is not the best and it takes a couple of weeks to credit. I ended up with a small +ve balance on Capital One due to over estimating payment. t I just keep that card active as a contingency. I do not have a uk bank account.
Old May 11th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all
Default Re: Is there a easy way to put a SMALL amount of money into my UK account from the US

+1 for Xoom, cheap and easy and the money gets there very fast. Good rates and only a $5 charge.
Old May 11th 2012, 5:19 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

+1 for having paid in the past a US$ check into a UK bank account, and also for paying a credit card bill. As said by others, the exchange rate isn't brilliant but for convenience in this one-off situation it would be fine.