Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Is there any work in Vermont?

Is there any work in Vermont?

Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:48 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

Disregard my message... After reading the entire thread it won't matter.... you'll only be coming to USA on holiday
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:34 am
Just Joined

slack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really nice
Default Re: Is there any work in Vermont?

Well, thanks for all your replies, I do appreciate it. Not so much the smug, sarcastic ones though...

I guess Vermont is just the kind of place you'd like to drive through, and wouldn't be able to make your home in.

Sad, because I really like the look of it!

Last edited by slack alice; Jan 31st 2009 at 8:45 am.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:50 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Considering where in the US you'd move to comes low down in the list because you have to determine if you're even eligible to apply for a visa to emigrate to the US then go through the hoops first.

It isn't easy, it isn't cheap so please read the Wiki article first.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
I hear there might be a vacancy in Spain soon...
karmaworthy.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:14 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
How about Greece?
I am still struggling to come up with any similarities between Vermont and Greece scenery-wise

Or any other-wise frankly.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
I am still struggling to come up with any similarities between Vermont and Greece scenery-wise

Or any other-wise frankly.
None at all.

But she is able to immigrate to Greece. And not to the US.
It's cheap?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:33 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
None at all.

But she is able to immigrate to Greece. And not to the US.
It's cheap?
Last time I looked hookers and Ouzo weren't that cheap in Greece
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:37 pm

Oh the ouzo is for sure.
And the girls were.. by US measure anyway.

lol, there is actually a funny story in there somewhere about the local 'brothel' in our village. But Nice Girls don't mention that.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

slack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really niceslack alice is just really nice

The snobbery that pervades this board amongst those of you lucky enough to have been granted permission to live in the place you desire is quite astounding. I don't think I've ever encountered such ugly elitism.

Aren't you all wonderful human beings?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:53 pm
Dis-Member

Originally Posted by slack alice
The snobbery that pervades this board amongst those of you lucky enough to have been granted permission to live in the place you desire is quite astounding. I don't think I've ever encountered such ugly elitism.

I think that's a little harsh.

Some of us worked very hard in our chosen professions and enjoy the fruits of our labours. Others married the local...same end result without the hardwork.

Take your pick....luck has very little to do with it.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Is it? Look at the sneering, patronising tone adopted towards "Trace from Spain." Not talking to her directly, but calling her an EastEnders character in her thread. So helpful.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE. I think you're mixing up snobbery with realism. We get asked a lot of questions like yours and people are just trying to be realistic about your chances of getting here. Please don't be put off...hang around and read a few more threads..you'll get used to the sarcasm..you might even get to like some of us!!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know...you've been given loads of helpful advice and realistic advice and not charged a penny for it.

The reality is, loads of people come asking day in and day out without bothering to read even the info offered on this site just because it was seen as easy on Eastenders or they had a fun holiday here.

You get yourself in a position where you can get a visa and you'd get loads of helpful advice...hell you've already had that.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

move to the Lake District
it's prett... hardly anyone there... no work.... shitty weather....

It's Vermont with BBC...
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:30 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah -- but we're ugly elitists living over here rather than over there! Happy now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.