Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Texas Longhorns

Texas Longhorns

Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:33 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texas Longhorns

what can you say....."what a game". If anyone wants to know what all the fuss is about with college football then that was THE game to watch.

Non-stop action, end to end touchdowns....bloody brilliant it was.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:58 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Texas Longhorns

Originally Posted by Yosser
what can you say....."what a game". If anyone wants to know what all the fuss is about with college football then that was THE game to watch.

Non-stop action, end to end touchdowns....bloody brilliant it was.

I saw the last 15 minutes. It was okay - I guess its just not my thing. I'm sure I'll have heard quite enough by the end of the day since everyone here is a big longhorn fan.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:59 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent game, particularly the second half. Vince Young seems to be made of some sort of titanium alloy that scientists should study and incorporate into the more damage-prone sections of the Space Shuttle. I've never seen a quarterback who can break tackles like him.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Excellent game, particularly the second half. Vince Young seems to be made of some sort of titanium alloy that scientists should study and incorporate into the more damage-prone sections of the Space Shuttle. I've never seen a quarterback who can break tackles like him.
He was excellent! College football is so much better than the proffesional games here and even though I am a die hard English Football fan I do enjoy the college games.

Hook 'em Horns!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Oh I thought this was about where to get a good juicy steak. I have no clue about American "football".
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:21 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Oh I thought this was about where to get a good juicy steak. I have no clue about American "football".
You have 4 turns(downs) to move the ball at least 10 yards. Punt( kick) on the 4th try if you don't think you will make it, to get the ball downfield away from your scoring sector (end). You can either pass the ball or run it.
6 points for a touchdown, 1 for a field goal after a touchdown, if you don't score a touchdown you have the option of just kicking a field goal which is 3 points.
That's the basics, very simple.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
You have 4 turns(downs) to move the ball at least 10 yards. Punt( kick) on the 4th try if you don't think you will make it, to get the ball downfield away from your scoring sector (end). You can either pass the ball or run it.
6 points for a touchdown, 1 for a field goal after a touchdown, if you don't score a touchdown you have the option of just kicking a field goal which is 3 points.
That's the basics, very simple.

yep quite easy just far tooooo many commercials, drags the game out and makes it so
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:47 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
LOLOLOL.... It's complicated rugby, but they don't want to get hurt, so they have to wear crash helmets and padding... !
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=TN-Dave]LOLOLOL.... It's complicated rugby, but they don't want to get hurt, so they have to wear crash helmets and padding... ! [/QUOTE

Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:01 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
LOLOLOL.... It's complicated rugby, but they don't want to get hurt, so they have to wear crash helmets and padding... !
Aw, not this shit again.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I saw the last 15 minutes. It was okay - I guess its just not my thing. I'm sure I'll have heard quite enough by the end of the day since everyone here is a big longhorn fan.
LOL funny boy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:06 pm

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Aw, not this shit again.
Naah... I won't say another word bout it ! .,.........
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

Naah... I won't say another word bout it ! .,.........

awwwwwww go one bet ya can't keep schtummm for long
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
awwwwwww go one bet ya can't keep schtummm for long
Mmmmmmm mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmm mmm mmmm mm mmmmmm.........
Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Mmmmmmm mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmm mmm mmmm mm mmmmmm.........

not a word

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.