Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Texas and Jelly Babies

Texas and Jelly Babies

Old Nov 15th 2004, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Jimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the rough
Default Texas and Jelly Babies

Can anyone tell me please as a matter of some urgency, can you get jelly babies in Texas? I thought I had researched everything so thoroughly. I can't believe I didn't think to find that out
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:10 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Texas and Jelly Babies

I've never seen them here. Oddly enough you can get Bassetts licquorice but not JBs!

However they are easily mail-ordered in or bought online though importers in either the US or Canada.

Tangfastics are my passion and I can only find them brought in by the packet or tub from the UK. But enough people have nostalgia for the Jelly Babies that they are imported in bulk by North American resellers.

You can get PG Tips, Ribena, and Penguin bars in local stores, off the top of my head.... ask if there's anything else, but I even saw Weetabix in a run-of-the-mill grocery store the other day! I think the most esoteric item I have found is Lyle's Golden Syrup, right here in Austin.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Jimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the roughJimbo the Bimbo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I've never seen them here. Oddly enough you can get Bassetts licquorice but not JBs!

However they are easily mail-ordered in or bought online though importers in either the US or Canada.

Tangfastics are my passion and I can only find them brought in by the packet or tub from the UK. But enough people have nostalgia for the Jelly Babies that they are imported in bulk by North American resellers.

You can get PG Tips, Ribena, and Penguin bars in local stores, off the top of my head.... ask if there's anything else, but I even saw Weetabix in a run-of-the-mill grocery store the other day! I think the most esoteric item I have found is Lyle's Golden Syrup, right here in Austin.
Thanks Snowbunny.

As long as I can get them mail order then that'll have to do, Phew!!!

I love licquorice allsorts too, so it's nice to know that I can get them over there too. I have no idea what Tangfastics are but I will keep an eye out for them and give them a go.

Thanks for the info.

Jimbo the Bimbo (jelly baby addict)
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:42 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Tangfastics are a Haribo sweetie like Star Mix is. They are a "sour mix" and I love sour candy! (try to get used to candy vs sweet, dessert vs pudding etc)

One thing you might do is look at a month's worth of grocery lists, or your pantry, and note what you absolutely can't live without. Then see if it can be had here; if not, bring a lot with you amazing how flat you can squash a box of 240 count PG Tips! into your luggage (it is a bit cheaper in the UK)

It is hard to be a Yank afflicted with cravings for these foods. Maybe between all of us here in Texas we could set up a grocery cooperative!
Old Nov 15th 2004, 4:10 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimbo the Bimbo
Can anyone tell me please as a matter of some urgency, can you get jelly babies in Texas? I thought I had researched everything so thoroughly. I can't believe I didn't think to find that out
I don't live in TX but I've seent Bassett's Licorice Allsorts (made in the UK too!) at local drugstores here in NC. Might be worth scouring your local drugstores just in case they sell your elusive jelly babies.

Be careful about using the term JBs. I think that's owned by Jelly Belly, the American company.
Old Nov 15th 2004, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

www.aquarterof.co.uk great site and shipping isnt too pricey