British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Tesco to Enter U.S. Market (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/tesco-enter-u-s-market-426053/)

HappyHammer Feb 12th 2007 5:24 pm

Tesco to Enter U.S. Market

U.K. retailer Tesco announced last week it will enter the US market with a new chain of grocery stores named "Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market." According to Just-Drinks, the first stores are due to open in Phoenix, Ariz., where it has already secured 20 locations, in the second half of 2007. Although the company said it will open additional markets in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Diego, it did not provide further details on the timing. The markets will be smaller than traditional U.S. supermarkets, emphasizing high qualify, fresh and nutritious food at affordable prices. (Just-Drinks/Feb. 8)

Bob Feb 12th 2007 5:26 pm

Re: Tesco to Enter U.S. Market

Aye, been mentioned once or twice... :D

Jerseygirl Feb 12th 2007 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4393958)

This is deja vu all over again...and again...and again...and again....

Partystar Feb 12th 2007 6:03 pm

Well I never, who'd have thought?!? :D ;)

Brync Feb 13th 2007 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4393958)

This time it will happen. I was a project manager in the food industry before I moved over here and prior to coming over I was approached by a UK based consultancy last year to work on the construction of their first distribution center which should be nearing completion, or may even be finished by now....

Jerseygirl Feb 13th 2007 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Brync (Post 4397925)
This time it will happen. I was a project manager in the food industry before I moved over here and prior to coming over I was approached by a UK based consultancy last year to work on the construction of their first distribution center which should be nearing completion, or may even be finished by now....

LOL We know...it's been discussed many times...thus the above replies.

DollyLlama Feb 13th 2007 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4397936)

maybe they need their coffee :D

Brync Feb 13th 2007 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4397936)

Ah, please excuse my ignorance (fairly new to the site)....Off for a coffee now....lol;)

Jerseygirl Feb 13th 2007 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brync (Post 4398021)
Ah, please excuse my ignorance (fairly new to the site)....Off for a coffee now....lol;)

No probs...with new members joining all the time the same subjects keep going round and round. Enjoy your coffee...Tesco's is it? ;)