Ten urgent steps to make Britain safer

Ten urgent steps to make Britain safer

Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ten urgent steps to make Britain safer

[QUOTE=cindyabs]
Originally Posted by fatbrit
I don't consider myself a defeatist, I consider myself a realist. I live in a rural area so it has little impact on my day to day life. However I will be traveling to London next month to the US Embassy and that should be interesting.
I have had a few experiences of bomb threats myself in the past and it was not a nice feeling being targeted anonymously for any other reason then that I was an American.
I used to live in central London, you do to some extent get used to it.

But I also agree that nothing will ever be the same in my lifetime.

You could argue that the post war years were an aberration, and now is the norm.

I just can not imagine this situation happening say 30 years ago, a Society can afford to be relaxed within its own certainties. That goes for anywhere in the world.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ten urgent steps to make Britain safer

[QUOTE=Boiler
10. Increased detention facilities

Currently there are only 1,200 places available for the detention of would-be migrants and refugees who arrive in Britain without adequate documentation, or who arouse the suspicion of the authorities.

Many thousands of migrants are admitted to the UK each year and allowed to move freely around the country before security checks are performed on them. We must considerably enlarge Britain's detention facilities.[/QUOTE]

Never mind that, how about "we must considerably enlarge the measures to make sure the "dodgy" (from suspect countries/illegals/etc) migrants are not allowed in in the first place" or "we must considerably reduce the incentives that make such people want to come to the UK in the first place"?

But by all means, increase detention facilities as well - we need them to lock up our own yobs it seems.