Reload this Page >

Temporary move to Fort Lauderdale

Temporary move to Fort Lauderdale

Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Skilgannon is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Temporary move to Fort Lauderdale

Good Morning,

I will be moving to For Lauderdale next weekend for temp assignment with work. The Company have arranged condo in Las Olas with utilities etc. Along with provided a car for the duration.

Not too worried about the weather as I presently live in Dubai and have been for the last 2 years and was in Oman before that. So I understand what hot is and the reduction in temperature will be a nice surprise.

I am more interested in where can I watch the end of the Football season (Liverpool fan), places to avoid and friendly nightspots that are not too crowded. 33 year old bloke who will spend most of the time working but would also like to join a gym during that period (how much?)

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:51 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary move to Fort Lauderdale

Originally Posted by Skilgannon
..... I understand what hot is and the reduction in temperature will be a nice surprise. .....
The heat in Florida is one thing. Humidity is another!

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 16th 2014 at 12:30 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 12:20 pm
Northern Monkey!

jibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond reputejibsymalone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The heat in Florida is one thing. Humidity is another!

The humidity is unbelievable at times!
Old Apr 16th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Good to know people are helpful with answering your questions!

I'll remember to take a towel as well, thanks guys.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

I am more interested in where can I watch the end of the Football season (Liverpool fan), places to avoid and friendly nightspots that are not too crowded. 33 year old bloke who will spend most of the time working but would also like to join a gym during that period (how much?)
The football isn't a worry, the premier league is on NBC these days, I see more matches now than I ever did back 'home'. Liverpool games will be especially easy to catch given their current league position.

Can't be much help on the nightspots and places to avoid down in Fort Lauderdale (though I hear it's all crowded down there) - and gym membership varies on the quality of the gym, but YouFit might be a good option, given that you can pay-as-you-go, so if you don't like it you're only $10 down.

And seriously.....the humidity. It might only be 88 - 92° F but don't take it lightly, it's hideous.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Cheers Mate, Seem to have found liverpool Supporter bar at the Fox and Hound. So no worries there. Same in Dubai for the football which is why I couldn't take missing the end of this season!

Was out last year for the humidity, it is a touch excessive.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning,

I will be moving to For Lauderdale next weekend for temp assignment with work. The Company have arranged condo in Las Olas with utilities etc. Along with provided a car for the duration.

Not too worried about the weather as I presently live in Dubai and have been for the last 2 years and was in Oman before that. So I understand what hot is and the reduction in temperature will be a nice surprise.

Thanks in advance.
Love Fort Lauderdale- was down there a month ago for a girls weekend. Had a wonderful dinner at the Plaza Bistro - the whole Food truck experience - nr the Hilton on the beach. Spent an afternoon on the inter-coastal water taxi admiring all the super yachts - amazing!