Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tell me something ...

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: So, do you like it here or not?
Love it - gonna stay
50.00%
'sokay - I'm about 50:50
41.30%
Hate it - can't wait to leave
8.70%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Tell me something ...

Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me something ...

Originally Posted by psb182
Bob.....do you realize that since august 2004 you have averaged 70 posts a day on this forum :scared: :scared: ........come on Bob be honest with yourself mate do you really want a job??????......if you do I have a "tip" for you....spend 1/2 as much time looking for work as you spend on this website and you will have one in no time ......I know what I have just wrote don't sound that nice but it is just blunt and to the point......I am just saying it as I see it thats all
I think apart from Patrick, you're the only person who has pointed this out to Bob. I have to say I kinda agree with you. I'm sure if you looked at 75% of Bob's posts(which would probably take 2 years!) you'd find most of them are moans and complaints about anything and everything in the US. Sorry Bob, just being honest. Over 15,000 posts in less than a year kinda say's it all really.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. Make that close to 17,000.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Bob.....do you realize that since august 2004 you have averaged 70 posts a day on this forum :scared: :scared: ........come on Bob be honest with yourself mate do you really want a job??????......if you do I have a "tip" for you....spend 1/2 as much time looking for work as you spend on this website and you will have one in no time ......I know what I have just wrote don't sound that nice but it is just blunt and to the point......I am just saying it as I see it thats all
Thats a bit out of order in it!!! like alote of us Bob lives in a place where the works thin on the ground!!! we have not all got the dosh to uproot and move, so yes I can see why he gets pissed off, he is not alone on that frount.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Thats a bit out of order in it!!! like alote of us Bob lives in a place where the works thin on the ground!!! we have not all got the dosh to uproot and move, so yes I can see why he gets pissed off, he is not alone on that frount.

it maybe a bit out of order but you know what......... I belive it is the TRUTH........if he spent 1/2 the time looking for a job as he does on this website I recon he would get a job......70 posts a DAY not a week a DAY......thats got to be 4-5 hours minimum.....I am not being nasty about it at all just offering advice that he may or may not want to take.......I personally think you have to be hiding in a closett if you can't get any form of work in the US......britvic call me a nasty guy call me whatever you wish I am just pointing out my observations after being here a few months
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, and I average about 8 applications to serious jobs a day...and working on folio when when I ain't bumming around on here..
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

it maybe a bit out of order but you know what......... I belive it is the TRUTH........if he spent 1/2 the time looking for a job as he does on this website I recon he would get a job......70 posts a DAY not a week a DAY......thats got to be 4-5 hours minimum.....I am not being nasty about it at all just offering advice that he may or may not want to take.......I personally think you have to be hiding in a closett if you can't get any form of work in the US......britvic call me a nasty guy call me whatever you wish I am just pointing out my observations after being here a few months
Aye, I keep an eye on the site most of the day, but then I'm working on the puter most of the day, I do a couple free lance projects every now and again, but it's only pocket money. Got a temp contract for the week starting tomorrow. But there aren't any big places with work going within an hours drive, and for that kind of commute, it would have to be serious work, and what I'm looking at is mostly not in this part of the country, ain't quite as easy to just pop over and go knocking on doors.

Pop away, I don't care, you don't know me, and you don't know how much time I spend looking for work.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, I keep an eye on the site most of the day, but then I'm working on the puter most of the day, I do a couple free lance projects every now and again, but it's only pocket money. Got a temp contract for the week starting tomorrow. But there aren't any big places with work going within an hours drive, and for that kind of commute, it would have to be serious work, and what I'm looking at is mostly not in this part of the country, ain't quite as easy to just pop over and go knocking on doors.

Pop away, I don't care, you don't know me, and you don't know how much time I spend looking for work.

Bob tell him to **** off
Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say BOBS personal business is his business and not ours to speculate on...Replying to his crappy posting and comments is fair game ...
And you can critisise his car, hair, clothes but as with everybody... personal business and family is out of bounds ...
Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I suppose I would rate it as a B+. I've been here almost 12 years now (which scares me just thinking about it). I've done pretty well on the material side of things - got lucky with the tech boom, bought a house now worth over $1M, drive a nice car. I'm married to a Brit so we keep each other in check, culturally speaking.

However, I miss footie terribly, I haven't really made any friends (just colleagues at work), I miss being able to go to the pub, miss my UK friends, miss my extended family, have no grandparents in the US to enjoy our 3 month old.

We go back to the UK every year for our holiday - thats another annoying thing. What's with this "2 weeks vacation" crap? And then some Americans don't even use all of it!

But when I do go back to the UK, I find myself missing some aspects of our American life. But on balance, I think I could move back to the UK without too much fuss. It does help that I come from one of the "nicer" parts of the UK I suppose, and it hasn't changed too much over the time I've been away. Don't think the wife would like to move back though.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I think apart from Patrick, you're the only person who has pointed this out to Bob. I have to say I kinda agree with you. I'm sure if you looked at 75% of Bob's posts(which would probably take 2 years!) you'd find most of them are moans and complaints about anything and everything in the US. Sorry Bob, just being honest. Over 15,000 posts in less than a year kinda say's it all really.

thing is Patrick is funny ....
Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eskimo
thing is Patrick is funny ....
And Villa are the cream or world football.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
And Villa are the cream or world football.

I truly believe we are .. we are just unlucky

and tell me this isnt funny

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=14
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:37 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, and I average about 8 applications to serious jobs a day...and working on folio when when I ain't bumming around on here..

Screw the 70 posts per day how much pr0n do you manage to download in between the applications?