Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tax question

Wikiposts

Tax question

Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Tax question

Originally Posted by meauxna
Well thank goodness for that.. it looked a little boring!

I meant to add this. This is a guide for family-based AOS (you will be employment based and someone will hopefully do this for you)
http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...-of-status.php

The I-130 does not apply to you, but this will give you links to the forms and such (always available at uscis.gov) that you will want. Maybe looking at them will help, maybe not!

Here are some links that are helpful for looking ahead to Permanent Resident status.. I don't know how far off you are from applying for the Green Cards.

The following USCIS pages are must reads for all new immigrants:

--o Now That You Are A Permanent Resident
--o I Am A Permanent Resident, How Do I...?
--o Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants

That last one is useful for a lot of people, not just PRs. There is a good website linked in there too, to help with day to day practical stuff.
Thanks again. We are on the point of applying for our Green Cards as you may have guessed which is why all this info has been so helpful!