Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Tax free weekend?

Tax free weekend?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax free weekend?

Originally Posted by Bob
and that's another thing, what's with getting a whole bunch of new things when going back to school, do kids throw everything out or somin' at the end of the year?
It's not like how we have it back home, the school dont supply hardly anything, not even paper for SA's, my little chap has to take his own liquid hand soap Well I cant imagine the carry on thats going to be every time he needs the Loo, Oh miss I need to go, all thats on his little mind, oh wait a minuet must get my hand soap!!! I dont think thats going to work some how
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:09 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Florida's tax free week was the last week of July. The kids have been back to school for a week already.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britvic
It's not like how we have it back home, the school dont supply hardly anything, not even paper for SA's, my little chap has to take his own liquid hand soap Well I cant imagine the carry on thats going to be every time he needs the Loo, Oh miss I need to go, all thats on his little mind, oh wait a minuet must get my hand soap!!! I dont think thats going to work some how
you are not serious...you mean your little 'un has to take his own hand soap to school but this is the land of the free
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:18 pm
Moaning Like A Pro

Tolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond reputeTolos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you are not serious...you mean your little 'un has to take his own hand soap to school but this is the land of the free
Ironically, it's only the 'Land of Free' to those with a lot of money.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

LOL no it bloody ain't Oh but we must not forget the Free yes Free School bus's, which I will not be letting my 4 year old go on
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
We had it here last weekend and it also included computers........
Lucky ducks... others have described the Texas "deal."

Texas does have a high sales tax, so it was worth going, but the crowds were horrible. We dashed into a shoe store (shoes being some of the more expensive items) on 7.30 pm Sunday night for my eldest's shoes. (Mall closed at 8.)

Had there been one on computers I would've deffo hit the Apple Store.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tolos
So very true my friend.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

LOL no it bloody ain't Oh but we must not forget the Free yes Free School bus's, which I will not be letting my 4 year old go on

the school buses that i see are empty coz the parents take the kids in their huge gas guzzling suv's...cut out the bus or restrict them to the rural routes and use the money for soap and books for the kids
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the school buses that i see are empty coz the parents take the kids in their huge gas guzzling suv's...cut out the bus or restrict them to the rural routes and use the money for soap and books for the kids
Well of course thats the way to do it, but as we all know very well they do things arse about face over here
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Well of course thats the way to do it, but as we all know very well they do things arse about face over here
do they supply pencils/crayons etc
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The little one's dont have to the first year, at his School anyway.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:14 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

No you get a list from the school and you have to get everything that's on it.Includes items like kleenex, the 3 boxes that you always see at this time of year.Paper,pencils,notebooks etc. Each teacher has their own list.
Then of course there's the book fee,some classes have extra fees. Band fee you name it they get you every which way.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:15 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tolos
There is no freedom only liberty that's why it's called the statue of liberty. Although the word freedom is bandied about like there is no tommorow.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:19 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Of all the money this country wastes on shit you would think they could put soap in the school lavvies for crying out loud. Maybe bush doesn't wash his hands after going.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cabritpop
Of all the money this country wastes on shit you would think they could put soap in the school lavvies for crying out loud. Maybe bush doesn't wash his hands after going.
I'll have a bet though, that the Kids will get a free Bible thrown in FFS