Reload this Page >

Which Tax forms to use?

Which Tax forms to use?

Old Mar 7th 2003, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which Tax forms to use?

Hi everybody,

I already asked several people, but everybody says something different. I need to know, what taxform me and my husband have to use. This is the situation:

He has an L1 and has been employed the complete year 2002 and earned all his income in the US. I guess, he has to file 1040? Is there an additional form he has to file besides 1040 since he is no citizen (I don't know, if that makes any difference)

My situation is a little bit more complicated:

I cam here in February last year and starte my Internship (J1 visa) in March. From March till August, I was paid in my homecountry and also paid taxes there. Form September to December, I was paid here and taxes were deducted. I have no clue, if I have to file 1040 or 1040NR or both? Or maybe even another form I don't think of right now?

And what is the difference between the normal forms and the forms, ending in EZ? Can one choose, which to file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't wanna do anything wrong when dealing with IRS.

Ivonne