British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Taking a statement (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/taking-statement-335057/)

Elsie The Maid Nov 2nd 2005 4:27 pm

Taking a statement

Can't go into details...but just wondering if anyone has filed a police statement here in the US for a crime that was committed in the UK? I'm wondering if I can complete a statement here locally and have them send it to the UK? I'm hoping I don't have to travel back to do it.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

fatbrit Nov 2nd 2005 5:12 pm

Re: Taking a statement

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
Can't go into details...but just wondering if anyone has filed a police statement here in the US for a crime that was committed in the UK? I'm wondering if I can complete a statement here locally and have them send it to the UK? I'm hoping I don't have to travel back to do it.

I'd be looking at an affidavit if I were you. Type up your statement and go find a notary -- they're usually free at your local bank.

Chorlton Nov 2nd 2005 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'd be looking at an affidavit if I were you. Type up your statement and go find a notary -- they're usually free at your local bank.

Good idea. I think fed-ex charges $6 per sheet.

Angry White Pyjamas Nov 2nd 2005 8:51 pm

Are you the accused, the victim or a witness? It can make a difference.

Bob Nov 2nd 2005 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

hey you back :D

oh, for notary, town hall normally has one that'll do it free for town residents

candy wy. Nov 2nd 2005 9:25 pm

When we had contact with the UK police from here it was all done through interpol, the statement was sent through them. we then had phone conversations with the local police force in the UK for any further information that was required. i guess though it depends on the circumstances of the situation.

Elsie The Maid Nov 3rd 2005 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

Victim.

Ray Nov 3rd 2005 12:36 pm

I'm a Notary .. I don't like to hear this word Free...
Nominal fee sound so much better

fatbrit Nov 3rd 2005 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
I'm a Notary .. I don't like to hear this word Free...
Nominal fee sound so much better

Since when were banks and town halls free? You just pay in a round about sorta way!

nottsinCT Nov 3rd 2005 3:31 pm

I got a letter for immigration noterized for free at the bank just asked if I had an account and checked out my licence. No Fees

Where in Notts are you from Elsie the maid?? My best friend is a cop in Carlton.

Elsie The Maid Nov 3rd 2005 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
I got a letter for immigration noterized for free at the bank just asked if I had an account and checked out my licence. No Fees

Where in Notts are you from Elsie the maid?? My best friend is a cop in Carlton.

I'm not worried about the notary, I can get that done free at work.

I'm from the Old St.Anns originally. Lived in the Old Meadows, the new St.Anns, Mapperley and Beeston. Dated a fella from Carlton though..he always wanted to be a cop!

Bob Nov 3rd 2005 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Since when were banks and town halls free? You just pay in a round about sorta way!

exactly :D

nottsinCT Nov 3rd 2005 6:54 pm

[QUOTE=Elsie The Maid]I'm not worried about the notary, I can get that done free at work.

I'm from the Old St.Anns originally. Lived in the Old Meadows, the new St.Anns, Mapperley and Beeston. Dated a fella from Carlton though..he

Ain't it a small world I am from Sneinton Grandma was from Old St anns my mother in law works in the Advice centre.

Elsie The Maid Nov 3rd 2005 7:02 pm

[QUOTE=nottsinCT]

I'm not worried about the notary, I can get that done free at work.

I'm from the Old St.Anns originally. Lived in the Old Meadows, the new St.Anns, Mapperley and Beeston. Dated a fella from Carlton though..he

Ain't it a small world I am from Sneinton Grandma was from Old St anns my mother in law works in the Advice centre.

So what's your friend the cop's name? Be funny if it was the same guy.

I had an aunty lived in Sneinton. It's funny, cus I can still picture her face and hear her voice, but can't think of her name to save me life :eek:

nottsinCT Nov 3rd 2005 7:08 pm

[QUOTE=Elsie The Maid]

Originally Posted by nottsinCT

So what's your friend the cop's name? Be funny if it was the same guy.

I had an aunty lived in Sneinton. It's funny, cus I can still picture her face and hear her voice, but can't think of her name to save me life :eek:

He is a She her husband is a cop in St Anns from Melton though. How long you been over here? I have so much family raised in St Anns. all up the Wells Road although they have done the wise thing by escaping seems to have gotten a bit wild.