Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Taking a statement

Taking a statement

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 4:27 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking a statement

Can't go into details...but just wondering if anyone has filed a police statement here in the US for a crime that was committed in the UK? I'm wondering if I can complete a statement here locally and have them send it to the UK? I'm hoping I don't have to travel back to do it.

Anyone experienced anything like this?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 5:12 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking a statement

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
Can't go into details...but just wondering if anyone has filed a police statement here in the US for a crime that was committed in the UK? I'm wondering if I can complete a statement here locally and have them send it to the UK? I'm hoping I don't have to travel back to do it.

I'd be looking at an affidavit if I were you. Type up your statement and go find a notary -- they're usually free at your local bank.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:49 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'd be looking at an affidavit if I were you. Type up your statement and go find a notary -- they're usually free at your local bank.

Good idea. I think fed-ex charges $6 per sheet.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:51 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Are you the accused, the victim or a witness? It can make a difference.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
hey you back

oh, for notary, town hall normally has one that'll do it free for town residents
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 9:25 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

When we had contact with the UK police from here it was all done through interpol, the statement was sent through them. we then had phone conversations with the local police force in the UK for any further information that was required. i guess though it depends on the circumstances of the situation.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Victim.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 12:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a Notary .. I don't like to hear this word Free...
Nominal fee sound so much better
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:08 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I'm a Notary .. I don't like to hear this word Free...
Nominal fee sound so much better

Since when were banks and town halls free? You just pay in a round about sorta way!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 3:31 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

I got a letter for immigration noterized for free at the bank just asked if I had an account and checked out my licence. No Fees

Where in Notts are you from Elsie the maid?? My best friend is a cop in Carlton.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
I got a letter for immigration noterized for free at the bank just asked if I had an account and checked out my licence. No Fees

Where in Notts are you from Elsie the maid?? My best friend is a cop in Carlton.
I'm not worried about the notary, I can get that done free at work.

I'm from the Old St.Anns originally. Lived in the Old Meadows, the new St.Anns, Mapperley and Beeston. Dated a fella from Carlton though..he always wanted to be a cop!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Since when were banks and town halls free? You just pay in a round about sorta way!
exactly
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:54 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Elsie The Maid]I'm not worried about the notary, I can get that done free at work.

I'm from the Old St.Anns originally. Lived in the Old Meadows, the new St.Anns, Mapperley and Beeston. Dated a fella from Carlton though..he

Ain't it a small world I am from Sneinton Grandma was from Old St anns my mother in law works in the Advice centre.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:02 pm

[QUOTE=nottsinCT]
I'm not worried about the notary, I can get that done free at work.

I'm from the Old St.Anns originally. Lived in the Old Meadows, the new St.Anns, Mapperley and Beeston. Dated a fella from Carlton though..he

Ain't it a small world I am from Sneinton Grandma was from Old St anns my mother in law works in the Advice centre.
So what's your friend the cop's name? Be funny if it was the same guy.

I had an aunty lived in Sneinton. It's funny, cus I can still picture her face and hear her voice, but can't think of her name to save me life
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:08 pm
Notts - CT

[QUOTE=Elsie The Maid]
Originally Posted by nottsinCT

So what's your friend the cop's name? Be funny if it was the same guy.

I had an aunty lived in Sneinton. It's funny, cus I can still picture her face and hear her voice, but can't think of her name to save me life

He is a She her husband is a cop in St Anns from Melton though. How long you been over here? I have so much family raised in St Anns. all up the Wells Road although they have done the wise thing by escaping seems to have gotten a bit wild.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.