Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

switching terminals at heathrow?

Wikiposts

switching terminals at heathrow?

Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: switching terminals at heathrow?

Originally Posted by silvermine
need to switch terminals in the wee hours of the morning... both british airways flights. inbound flight arrives about 0500 into T4 and outbound leaves from T1 at 0750 to another EU destination. what would be the best / easiest way to connect?

also what about checking luggage through as well on that connection?
too risky?

am travelling on a british passport.

any advice/recent experiences appreciated. thanks!
OK, here's the "official" airline minimum connection times for LHR...

]DCTLHR-II*BABA
MINIMUM CONNECT TIME TABLE LHR
STANDARD TIMES
DOM TO DOM :20 DOM TO INTL 1:00
INTL TO DOM 1:00 INTL TO INTL 1:00

There are exceptions, but none of the BA exceptions quote anything greater than 1:30 for your example (I'm assuming you're flying in to LHR from USA?). If you can tell me the US point of departure and the EU point of destination I can tell you more specifically.

These are the official booking guidelines which, when making a booking, you undercut at your own risk. If you abide by these MCT's and you miss your onward flight then the airline is liable.

Realistically, of course, if you can do it in 1 hour then you are superman/superwoman* (*delete as applicable)
Old Nov 11th 2005, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: switching terminals at heathrow?

Originally Posted by paul_TX
OK, here's the "official" airline minimum connection times for LHR...

]DCTLHR-II*BABA
MINIMUM CONNECT TIME TABLE LHR
STANDARD TIMES
DOM TO DOM :20 DOM TO INTL 1:00
INTL TO DOM 1:00 INTL TO INTL 1:00

There are exceptions, but none of the BA exceptions quote anything greater than 1:30 for your example (I'm assuming you're flying in to LHR from USA?). If you can tell me the US point of departure and the EU point of destination I can tell you more specifically.

These are the official booking guidelines which, when making a booking, you undercut at your own risk. If you abide by these MCT's and you miss your onward flight then the airline is liable.

Realistically, of course, if you can do it in 1 hour then you are superman/superwoman* (*delete as applicable)
i guess those are the minimums that the computer will allow you to book for a connection on BA?
anyhow as said i was switching from T-4 to T-1 int'l . in my opinion anything less than 3 hours between estimated arrival time and the connecting flight departure time is madness, even though BA would allow it technically.... and of course since it was all BA they would have to re-book the passenger on the next available.
but, again the times above reflect checked baggage also making the connecting flight...mine barely made it in 3 hours.