Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

sweets at work

Wikiposts

sweets at work

Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sweets at work

Originally Posted by lionheart
See post 83, I said the same thing 20 posts ago . My position is that there is probably a genetic predisposition for most illnesses just as we are programmed to be fat, tall, blonde etc. etc. Environment and diet are probably also a contributory factor

If you recall you started this by stating
Rete "I absolutely hate being a diabetic and sometimes find myself cursing out both parents for having passed the whatever on to me and not to my sister as well.
Sally " You have my sympathies Rete but I don't believe the causes of diabetes have been shown to be genetic"
Most people here took that to mean you didn't believe it to be so. You swore at me and then stormed off like a child, yet you are now the victim
Can we talk about cheese and onion crisps please?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:04 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Walkers 24 pack? Eat your heart out
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:04 am
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
You obviously do.
I felt ok before. I could go on though, it may help.
Oh and just for clarification I'd like to point out that I referenced pigs, filth and white trash in there so as not to create the impression im racist or anything.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Shut it Gruffy
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

What about the poor salt and vinegar ones?
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

More childishness, I disagree with a lot of what you say, debate it and probably belittle it, sometimes I'm joking, sometimes you post bollocks and I'm not.
I would never decide who should be on a forum, that's just silly. I say the more the merrier, however I will continue to post in my own style, it's going to annoy some people but that's life.
You are trying to cause dissention. My comment was NOT an insult to Rete, and you have backed off because you are showing I was right - there are probably many fators involved in diabetes - QUOTE

My position is that there is probably a genetic predisposition for most illnesses just as we are programmed to be fat, tall, blonde etc. etc. Environment and diet are probably also a contributory factor

You are big headed because you think you are the funniest poster on here, and so gorgeous that you can pass comment on anybody. Yet you only slag off certain posters. Why not have a pop at Big Jimmy for writing PC rubbish?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:08 am
Tool

Type 2 diabetes (or maturity onset diabetes) is predominatly caused by enviromental and dietary factors.

Type 1 diabetes is generally considered to be genetic.

So you're both right. So shut the **** up. all of you you're making me twitch
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:09 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Shut it Gruffy
I have, I'm eating
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Didn't you promise to send me a goody box for Christmas?
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Old William
Type 2 diabetes (or maturity onset diabetes) is predominatly caused by enviromental and dietary factors.

Type 1 diabetes is generally considered to be genetic.
By whom?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:10 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I was attempting to be sympathetic to Rete. You immediately google a load of studies to pour scorn on my views, as you do with every single post I make. You are big-headed, and a twat, what more can I say? If you really, really cannot stand me being on the forum just say so and I will go because I can't be bothered with it.

PS have you found that gene yet?
They were in the original link, course you were too busy with personal insults

The commonest type of single gene diabetes was originally classified clinically as 'maturity onset diabetes of the young' (MODY). This is a form of young-onset diabetes (typically diagnosed under 25) that is not insulin-dependent and is inherited. Since 1992, mutations in six genes have been found to cause MODY, most cases involving the enzyme glucokinase or one of three gene-regulatory proteins: hepatic nuclear factor-1a (HNF-1a), HNF-4a and HNF-1b.

In a few cases, patients with diabetes caused by mutations in the hepatocyte nuclear factor la (HNF-1α) gene

Of the six MODY genes identified over the past few years, one of the genes, MODY3, is by far the most common. In fact the MODY3 mutations in a gene called Hnf-1a are the most common of all genetic (monogenic) causes of diabetes

If you or someone in your family has Type 1 diabetes, you may wonder if other family members are at risk. It turns out that Type 1 diabetes does often run in families. In fact, researchers have found nearly 20 different genes that can affect your risk for developing diabetes.

Two of the best studied genes in Type 1 diabetes are the HLA region and the insulin gene. Although many more Type 1 diabetes genes exist, we will focus on these two because of their central role in the disease
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:10 am
Tool

By whom?
well the medical fraternity generally
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:11 am

Didn't you promise to send me a goody box for Christmas?
I don't believe I did, I've eaten it anyway. Late onset Diabetes may follow.
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Old William
What about the poor salt and vinegar ones?

Not keen on those Bill...roast chicken flavoured would be next on the list.
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

They were in the original link, course you were too busy with personal insults

The commonest type of single gene diabetes was originally classified clinically as 'maturity onset diabetes of the young' (MODY). This is a form of young-onset diabetes (typically diagnosed under 25) that is not insulin-dependent and is inherited. Since 1992, mutations in six genes have been found to cause MODY, most cases involving the enzyme glucokinase or one of three gene-regulatory proteins: hepatic nuclear factor-1a (HNF-1a), HNF-4a and HNF-1b.

In a few cases, patients with diabetes caused by mutations in the hepatocyte nuclear factor la (HNF-1α) gene

Of the six MODY genes identified over the past few years, one of the genes, MODY3, is by far the most common. In fact the MODY3 mutations in a gene called Hnf-1a are the most common of all genetic (monogenic) causes of diabetes

If you or someone in your family has Type 1 diabetes, you may wonder if other family members are at risk. It turns out that Type 1 diabetes does often run in families. In fact, researchers have found nearly 20 different genes that can affect your risk for developing diabetes.

Two of the best studied genes in Type 1 diabetes are the HLA region and the insulin gene. Although many more Type 1 diabetes genes exist, we will focus on these two because of their central role in the disease
Know all twat ..........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.