Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

sweets at work

Wikiposts

sweets at work

Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sweets at work

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Are you accusing Sue of keeping all the goodies to herself and not sharing them with the rest of us?
It's a good charitable thing to give small gifts to our fellow people, and it's even politer to accept. However when said gifts are Hershey's, Sue can feel free to keep my share for herself

Actually I've had two people back home ask me to take Hershey's and Reeses chocolate with me when I return for Christmas. I hope they don't take it off me at Heathrow and incinerate it with all the other hazardous waste.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsnichol
It's a good charitable thing to give small gifts to our fellow people, and it's even politer to accept. However when said gifts are Hershey's, Sue can feel free to keep my share for herself

Actually I've had two people back home ask me to take Hershey's and Reeses chocolate with me when I return for Christmas. I hope they don't take it off me at Heathrow and incinerate it with all the other hazardous waste.

Those two people have serious problems...who on earth would ask for Hershey's and Reeses when they live in England?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I've never been anywhere near Sally's Wotsits, scientists have shown that too many can cause type 2 diabetes. I prefer quavers or Walker's Cheese & Onion, which I slurp, crackle & grunt endlessly at work all the live long day.

Hell Tom...you are too damn smart. You've successfully managed to change the subject to another one of my weaknesses...cheese and onion crisps.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:38 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Hell Tom...you are too damn smart. You've successfully managed to change the subject to another one of my weaknesses...cheese and onion crisps.
I'm just wondering why it took you so many posts to finally realise that? I am going to bookmark that comment and will refer to it as often as possible
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by lionheart
I'm just wondering why it took you so many posts to finally realise that? I am going to bookmark that comment and will refer to it as often as possible
Jerseygirl scurries away quickly to edit her previous post.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishnurse
as for work sweets darn those kindley patients with their boxes of cadburys roses
darn them all

you shouldn't be knicking the patients sweets
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Are you accusing Sue of keeping all the goodies to herself and not sharing them with the rest of us?
I like to keep in shape aswell well, ROUND is a shape !! And I am BIG and ROUND sorry PORTLY !
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Fortunately I am not overweight..
I am a perfect weight for 9ft 4in ...............
"Big boned"
Reg. Frank R.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Those two people have serious problems...who on earth would ask for Hershey's and Reeses when they live in England?
I know. One of them is my sister!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:15 am
Just Joined

skenned7 has a brilliant futureskenned7 has a brilliant futureskenned7 has a brilliant futureskenned7 has a brilliant futureskenned7 has a brilliant futureskenned7 has a brilliant futureskenned7 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: sweets at work

Originally Posted by angelman
Is it just here that people have huge bowls of sweets on their desks. In almost every office there is a plate or bowl groaning under the weight of nasty american sweets and chocolates.
Even at the dentist for goodness sake they have a huge plate of fresh chocolate chip cookies (I pointed out the obvious irony here and they just couldnt see it, they saw it as an act of generosity, DUH!)
It makes me feel sick seeing people eat so much canddy all the time. Then you get people putting out plates with little collection boxes asking for donations to the candy bowl. Am I a scrooge for not contributing.
I feel often that living/working here I am in some weird children's universe where adults behave like children (specifically regarding eating). I still see eating burgers as kids food and something one grows out of when you get older. Here people always moan when they have some 'adult' food like roast chicken or spinach something or lentil something, they always look forward to the days when they can have 'comfort' childrens food like a hot dog or burger. (we get free food at my company!)

Total agree with you on this one. My office is the same and I feel like a 3 headed dog, because I choose not to grab a handful of candy at every opportunity. I have been given the nick name heath nut LOL - which I hate because I do eat crap sometimes. Just not everyday...& they wonder why so many Americans are overweight!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 6:49 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

We have spelling and grammer Nazis on here. Looks like we now have Nazi Nazis
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by dan_alford
We have spelling and grammer Nazis on here. Looks like we now have Nazi Nazis
I just looked at the link and noticed the first quote...it was not mine.

The 'nazi mobile' I admit to but not the other.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 7:57 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked at the link and noticed the first quote...it was not mine.

The 'nazi mobile' I admit to but not the other.
Heh. What do you call someone who constantly monitors posts for references to Nazis and doesn't like the word?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Heh. What do you call someone who constantly monitors posts for references to Nazis and doesn't like the word?
An ijjit ....................
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Suggest you read the American Diabetes Association's site on their thoughts:

http://www.diabetes.org/genetics.jsp
How does this differ from what I said???

My reason for posting was not to cause offence but because I felt sorry for you blaming your parents.My friend at home has a diabetic child and they beat themselves up about the genetic causes - as far as I know and from the link you gave this has not been established. So where am I being rude and insulting?

For no real reason that he can explain, Lionheart has decided that a good way to argue with me is to post ethnic statistics for Calabasas, say my father doesn't love me, that I'm menopausal, on prozac and HRT,ugly and do not understand my husband's profession.

That is why I get annoyed with him.

I shall not be providing any more merriment for him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.