Sweeties

Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:52 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sweeties

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Me too. I just love everything that M & S sell. Its funny 'coz my friends used to joke that once I left the UK M & S would go out of business. Most of the staff in their Chester store knew me by name and quite often would open up another checkout when they saw me with my trolley full of clothes. Sure enough their profits took a nose dive when we moved Stateside. LOL.
Hmm - I have a sicilian lemon bar sitting in the fridge - white and dark chocolate bar with a tangy lemon mousse centre on a lemon parfait base - its calling for you Jersey
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Hmm - I have a sicilian lemon bar sitting in the fridge - white and dark chocolate bar with a tangy lemon mousse centre on a lemon parfait base - its calling for you Jersey

I'm feelin' it Davy....I'm feelin' it.

PS Think that should read 'I'm hearing it Davy....I'm hearing it.'
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:41 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
My last lot melted in the mailbox. So no more chocolate until the weather cools down a bit.
I whipped mine (Maltesers) out of the box and put them straight in the fridge. The box had been sitting in Mr. NC Penguin's car all day

NC Penguin
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:05 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feelin' it Davy....I'm feelin' it.

PS Think that should read 'I'm hearing it Davy....I'm hearing it.'
Must be a BIG one if you are feeling it in NJ....
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
Must be a BIG one if you are feeling it in NJ....
Shhh...I'm trying to talk him into sending me that choccy bar.

I'm still feelin' it Davy.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:46 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Shhh...I'm trying to talk him into sending me that choccy bar.

If you want it, you might need to do more than feel it love....
It needs to be bitten and licked...
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

What a good friend you have. I never liked Caramac....although its dad's favourite.
Mmmm Caramac, yummy!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:14 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years ago when I was leaving I went to the tax office at the airport...where you go to get the VAT refunded when leaving the UK. He asked to look at my purchases....I told him to look at the receipts then I asked him if he thought I could get 'all that lot' on the plane as hand luggage. He said 'I see you're point' and processed my claim.
I should do this, are there any guidelines, any advice you could give me, please?
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Partystar
I should do this, are there any guidelines, any advice you could give me, please?
Most of the large stores participate in the VAT refund scheme ie M & S, BHS, John Lewis. Each store has a different minimum purchase...its usually between 50 and 70 pounds per receipt...not item. At the end of your stay take all the receipts and your passport to each store...usually customer services...and they will fill in the necessary paperwork for you. At the airport after you have been through security, there is usually an office where you hand all the paperwork in. If the office is not manned there is normally a box for you to leave all the envelopes given to you by the stores. You should have all the goods with you that you are claiming the VAT for...I have never done this because I always fill a large case and it has to go as checked luggage. I always have my refund paid into your UK or US bank account. Makes shopping so worthwhile don't you think.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:44 pm
Back where I belong!

Most of the large stores participate in the VAT refund scheme ie M & S, BHS, John Lewis. Each store has a different minimum purchase...its usually between 50 and 70 pounds per receipt...not item. At the end of your stay take all the receipts and your passport to each store...usually customer services...and they will fill in the necessary paperwork for you. At the airport after you have been through security, there is usually an office where you hand all the paperwork in. If the office is not manned there is normally a box for you to leave all the envelopes given to you by the stores. You should have all the goods with you that you are claiming the VAT for...I have never done this because I always fill a large case and it has to go as checked luggage. I always have my refund paid into your UK or US bank account. Makes shopping so worthwhile don't you think.
Yeah, that does sound good & thanx for all the info. I won't be able to do it as there is no way I can afford to spend £50 on clothes, but it's good to know! Thanx again!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, that does sound good & thanx for all the info. I won't be able to do it as there is no way I can afford to spend £50 on clothes, but it's good to know! Thanx again!
Doesn't have to be clothes.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 5:50 pm
Back where I belong!

Doesn't have to be clothes.
Okay, good to know. Still I won't have £50 to spend.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

StephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the link to the website! I have been looking at all the sweets for the past 15min just remembering how I used to run up to the corner store on a Saturday and get a 10p pick and mix!
Think I will have to buy something!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 11:57 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you were able to sleep well last night Jersey.
I haven't decided when the scilian lemon bar is going to see its last day - so many crunchies and kitkats to get through first
Old Aug 26th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Our fav is Mr Kippling Battenburgs!!! Yum, it does not last long here. Got some Jaffa Cakes & some Rowntree Fruit Gums at Meijers last week, but no Mars bars!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.