Swap

Old May 31st 2013, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swap

Sometimes I wish that those of us who want to return to the UK could simply swap with those who are eager to come here...give them a taste of life over here. (Impractical I know.)
Old May 31st 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swap

Originally Posted by hotscot
Sometimes I wish that those of us who want to return to the UK could simply swap with those who are eager to come here...give them a taste of life over here.
"Disillusion can become itself an illusion if we rest in it" T.S.Eliot

"Once I thought that Lake Forest was the most glamorous place in the world.
Maybe it was."
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Old May 31st 2013, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

But they always live in an area which is boarded-up and run-down.

I know what you mean though
Old Jun 1st 2013, 11:04 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

I know what you mean though
Be nice to be able to go to the Oxfam shop and the Sue Ryder shop whenever we wanted though..
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:40 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
And "gone to the dogs". I quite like the sound of that. I always imagine lying on the floor being licked by fluffy golden lab puppies.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 1:48 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
And "gone to the dogs". I quite like the sound of that. I always imagine lying on the floor being licked by fluffy golden lab puppies.
But the other side of the coin is being killed or maimed by pit bulls ...
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 3:25 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

I looked it up. Supposidy it's of Chinese origin. Dogs had to live outside the city walls and if you were thrown out of the city, you went to live with the dogs.

Makes it even funnier that the comments often go along the lines of "all these immigrants making the country go to the dogs".