Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Suprise Suprise

Suprise Suprise

Old Apr 3rd 2004, 8:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suprise Suprise

Originally posted by Squirrel
All but one came perfectly legally so how would fingerprinting have stopped them exactly? .....
It wouldn't, finger printing is to ensure that there is accurate tracking of those coming and going. I'd bet that those who come and go regularly without apparent good need - e.g. coming on business to a known US corporation, will get special attention at immigration.
Old Apr 3rd 2004, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pulaski
It wouldn't, finger printing is to ensure that there is accurate tracking of those coming and going. I'd bet that those who come and go regularly without apparent good need - e.g. coming on business to a known US corporation, will get special attention at immigration.

So in other words all the waffle about it being to fight terrorism is just bull, they really only want it for immigration purposes.

Apparantly out of 5 million so far fingerprinted they have found just 200 people with criminal records or immigration violation. A 'hit' rate of 0.0004. Number of terror suspects found = nil.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

All but one came perfectly legally so how would fingerprinting have stopped them exactly? Maybe if the US had listened to the flying school's warning it would have been stopped.

I think we should start fingerprinting all American visitors to the UK.

I think there are going to be new rules for US coming to UK now too but can't find the link someone sent me a couple of months ago. I do agree if it is needed here it must be needed there too for British security!!
Suzieque
Old Apr 4th 2004, 3:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

So in other words all the waffle about it being to fight terrorism is just bull, they really only want it for immigration purposes. ....
No, not at all. That might be a side effect, but tracking those coming and going would include terrorists that come and go too.
Old Apr 4th 2004, 3:07 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pulaski
No, not at all. That might be a side effect, but tracking those coming and going would include terrorists that come and go too.
Anyone else read this linked article?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040402/325/eq7hk.html

I liked the part about the supposed quote "protecting the American public from British novelists".