British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Superbowl party @ mine (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/superbowl-party-%40-mine-422653/)

texas_ranger Jan 31st 2007 12:59 am

Superbowl party @ mine

Howdy y'all,
For those of you in the DFW/outlying areas (and those in the vicinity on Sun 4th Feb), I'll be having a superbowl party.
If anyone would like to drop by, send me a PM and I'll forward the details.

And for all you sceptics thinking that I just got to the US and now I'm having a superbowl party and jumping on the yank sports wagon - I've been watching the Superbowl for 21 years (thanks Channel4!).

Cheers,
C

p.s. in the absence of America's team, I'll support the Colts.

gemini Jan 31st 2007 11:22 am

Re: Superbowl party @ mine

Originally Posted by texas_ranger (Post 4343964)
Howdy y'all,
For those of you in the DFW/outlying areas (and those in the vicinity on Sun 4th Feb), I'll be having a superbowl party.

And for all you sceptics thinking that I just got to the US and now I'm having a superbowl party and jumping on the yank sports wagon - I've been watching the Superbowl for 21 years (thanks Channel4!).

Cheers,
C

I'd love to come - Oh, wait a mo, you're for the Colts! Sorry just remembered I can't make it. Thanks anyway.

Bear down Chicago Bears!

Texas Mom Jan 31st 2007 12:40 pm

Howdy y'all,

Cheers,
C

You're gonna be in big trouble if the house is not in the condition I left it in when I get back (if they let me in again that is) - while the cats away eh chick ..... u little minx u!!! Have fun babe!

TruBrit Jan 31st 2007 12:43 pm

omg superbowl, you've really got it bad.......it's all so :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

gardnma Jan 31st 2007 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 4345653)
omg superbowl, you've really got it bad.......it's all so :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Stick-in-the-mud.........:p

TruBrit Jan 31st 2007 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by gardnma (Post 4345680)
Stick-in-the-mud.........:p

it really is so boring, big fat men trying to run around dressed in lycra lol :eek: :lol:

gardnma Jan 31st 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 4345688)
it really is so boring, big fat men trying to run around dressed in lycra lol :eek: :lol:

Yes.....I know, I know.......

Its not easy being a bloke and not liking it you know......:o

ironporer Jan 31st 2007 1:27 pm

Versus thin men dressed in shorts and knee socks... chasing a ball and taking off their shirts when the ball goes in the net?:p

Let's all face it- the Canadians have us all licked with their smart Curling uniforms.

TruBrit Jan 31st 2007 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer (Post 4345798)
Versus thin men dressed in shorts and knee socks... chasing a ball and taking off their shirts when the ball goes in the net?:p

Let's all face it- the Canadians have us all licked with their smart Curling uniforms.

lol come on our footballers are not thin they've got muscle but maybe you haven't seen much of that so wouldn't know ;) :lol:

i don't care what they take off with bodies like they have it's good to look at :o

britvic Jan 31st 2007 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 4345834)
lol come on our footballers are not thin they've got muscle but maybe you haven't seen much of that so wouldn't know ;) :lol:

i don't care what they take off with bodies like they have it's good to look at :o

lol neither do I mate, perfect specimens of the Male form :wub:

BritGuyTN Jan 31st 2007 2:12 pm

linemen are pretty big dudes, but most of the other players are really fit, I met our old titans quarterback steve mcnair at nashville ariport, he was pretty big and certainly not fat, and when I met Peyton Manning in a local bar he was certainly not fat.

BritGuyTN Jan 31st 2007 2:17 pm

Howdy y'all,

Mannings a UT boy, so even when the colts beat us (fairly often) the locals are like 'oh, its OK, its Manning'

I'm for the colts too rather then the BORING BORING BEARS (exception being Devin Hester)

The bears bearly beat the Seahawks who played crap and then beat the saints who had to have a collapse at some point.

I think the colts have already beat the second best team - the Pats, so they just need to hold it together.

I really dislike Rex Grossman.

ironporer Jan 31st 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN (Post 4345982)
Mannings a UT boy, so even when the colts beat us (fairly often) the locals are like 'oh, its OK, its Manning'

I'm for the colts too rather then the BORING BORING BEARS (exception being Devin Hester)

The bears bearly beat the Seahawks who played crap and then beat the saints who had to have a collapse at some point.

I think the colts have already beat the second best team - the Pats, so they just need to hold it together.

I really dislike Rex Grossman.

Ditto for Grossman...though having grown up a Bears fan in IN back when the Colts were in Baltamore I must say I am torn...as I like both teams. I really do thing that IF Urlacher and the Bears defence knock Peyton for a loop or too early and get under his skin, they will win- if the offence decides to show up. The other hald of me wants to see Manning get the monkey off his back and have a great game (or just not choke as he is prone to do historically).

paddingtongreen Jan 31st 2007 5:36 pm

I just want the black head coach to win.

another bloody yank Jan 31st 2007 5:44 pm

I don't think you'll be disappointed.;)