Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

'Suite' hotels in London?

'Suite' hotels in London?

Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:53 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question 'Suite' hotels in London?

I'm so grateful to the poster who said that Mother's Day is March 18 in the UK.

I happen to be arriving at LHR in the evening of March 17th and the plan is/was to hang out in London until we take the Eurostar to Paris on the Tuesday. (This is supposed to be a romantic trip but now my husband is now bloody well working on the Mon & Tues in Canary Wharf so we can't take the train until Tues evening. Grrrrr).

Now I have to decide whether or not to rent a car and go up to Coventry and see my mum on Mother's Day (we would stay the night at my sister's nearby). On the other hand, I could try and get my mum to meet us in London but would need to have her stay for the night. Also it will be great to catch up with my student daughter - she is in Twickenham.

Naturally I don't want my mum staying in the same bedroom as me and my husband!!! However, a room for a single person in a London hotel is going to be very expensive. My husband isn't officially on a business trip so we're paying for the hotel costs ourselves.

If I was in the States I would book somewhere like the Embassy Suites so there would be a seperate room for my mum (maybe even my daughter too). I can't think of any similar hotel chains in the UK but I left 12 years ago.

Does anyone know of such places in the London area (preferably near a link to Waterloo)?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:57 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Suite' hotels in London?

The Royal Garden has junior suites, which can be connected to a smaller twin room.

http://www.royalgardenhotel.co.uk/de...n=218&page=716

You'll pay though....

See if you can get a deal through http://www.lastminute.com or http://ww.expedia.com/
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

St Giles hotel, on the tottenham court road ain't to bad, and nice and cheap...it's linked to the ymca...
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

I happen to be arriving at LHR in the evening of March 17th and the plan is/was to hang out in London until we take the Eurostar to Paris on the Tuesday. (This is supposed to be a romantic trip but now my husband is now bloody well working on the Mon & Tues in Canary Wharf so we can't take the train until Tues evening. Grrrrr).

Now I have to decide whether or not to rent a car and go up to Coventry and see my mum on Mother's Day (we would stay the night at my sister's nearby). On the other hand, I could try and get my mum to meet us in London but would need to have her stay for the night. Also it will be great to catch up with my student daughter - she is in Twickenham.

Naturally I don't want my mum staying in the same bedroom as me and my husband!!! However, a room for a single person in a London hotel is going to be very expensive. My husband isn't officially on a business trip so we're paying for the hotel costs ourselves.

If I was in the States I would book somewhere like the Embassy Suites so there would be a seperate room for my mum (maybe even my daughter too). I can't think of any similar hotel chains in the UK but I left 12 years ago.

Does anyone know of such places in the London area (preferably near a link to Waterloo)?
I stayed at the Dolphin square hotel in Westminster but its been a few years.
Apartment type rooms with separate kitchens and bedrooms.
Pretty clean and decent for a night or two.
good luck
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:28 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about

Englishmum, This was in our local paper recently and I cut it out. I don't know quite where some of these are in relation to Waterloo, but for what it's worth here is the list of more inexpensive small hotels. Prices are for B&B.

Albion House Hotel 75Pound for double. King's Cross area.
www.albionhousehotel.com

Alhambra Hotel in same area. old-fashioned and simple inn, 50Pound for double sharing bath. 70Poun en suite. www.alhambrahotel.com

Abbey House Kensington Palace. (could be wrong area for you) 55-74 Pound
www.abbeyhousekensington.com

Mowbray Court Hotel rooms are 80's style Earl's Court. 69 Pound with bathroom 60Pound without. www.mowbraycourthotel.co.uk

Oakley Hotel 49 pound double www.oakleyhotel.com 20 min walk from Tube stop but walk is down Chelsea's Kings Road way.

Morgan House 70Pound double (sharing bath) www.morganhouse.co.uk

I really don't know if any of these would be suitable. You would have to check the website for single rates. All are bed and breakfast.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

fishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to beholdfishfinger is a splendid one to behold

Give this link a try:

http://www.central-london-apartments.com/

They look like they have some very nice apartments. Have a great time - wish I was going!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Try West Ham's football ground,Quality Inn..go to their web site and under hospitality.£65 for the night for two in a private suite i/c shower/tv etc overlooking the pitch.Full breakfast for two included,eat as much as you want,Upton Park tube 300 yrds away direct to anywhere,Canary Wharf just around the corner.Very good,quiet and comfortable.I highly recommend it.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:37 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all,

Thank you for your suggestions!

I liked the idea of the Dolphin Square apartments but they're fully booked for the dates I need. I know that quite a number of MPs live there and at one time Princess Anne had an apartment there.

I suppose I ought to speak with my mum (who doesn't drive) and see what she wants to do, my daughter only has the time to spare in London only so I do hope I don't have to trek up to Coventry for Mother's Day...

I'll check out the links - thank you once again. (Isn't it a dodgy area at the West Ham ground? Might be a pain to get there from Heathrow and then to Waterloo without a car but with suitcases? A taxi would be v. expensive to East London for sure. I do like the concept though!).
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 4:23 am
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

Ahhhhhh, Coventry.