Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

"Sucking Fingers"

Wikiposts

"Sucking Fingers"

Old Feb 27th 2004, 10:31 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Sucking Fingers"

Originally posted by manc1976
But you're probably more than happy when he goes down on you.

bizaare or what?

Damn, I just spat my tea all over the bloody keyboard.

Bastard ...
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:01 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Caligirl4ever
...Is it just me or am I being intolerable?...
ROFL!

If you ask me, you do sound pretty intolerable, but then I'm not married to you
Old Feb 28th 2004, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a bit odd considering one time I went to a Pizza Hut in England and stainless steel knives and forks were set and used for eating pizza.

"Restaurants here almost never lay enough cutlery for each place on the table; you end up having to rescue knives and forks (etc.) from departing plates so you can eat the next course. This is almost universal -- it's extremely rare to eat at a place that sets the right amount of utensils either before you eat or as they bring the next course -- and you just get used to keeping your butter knife around for use with your main course. Waiters and waitresses always act surprised or suspicious when you ask for another spoon or fork." http://www.caldrive.com/basics.html

Originally posted by Caligirl4ever
Hi there,

Okay, I'm not putting any one down, just need some opinions on this subject..here it goes:

Does any one know why the British suck their fingers between and after meals?

I find that absolutely disgusting! Is it just me or am I being intolerable?

I have to admit that my hubby did it a couple of times during our meal at home and I said "ewww, please don't do that!" He said that the British do that.

My step-daughter is 15 and she does it too ...sometimes not all the time during a meal at home. Do I tell her not to do it too? OMG it sooooo bugs me!

I saw one of the characters on Eastenders do it and hubby said see us Brits do that.

I still think it is bad etiquette...agree or disagree?

Oh btw, my hubby is an exec too LOL!

Warmly,
Cali
Old Feb 28th 2004, 2:06 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

<SNIP>
Quite right NC, especially about the knife and fork part, I have witnessed several times Americans trying to eat steak with only a fork they have to put one elbow on the table (bad manners to begin with) then they dig and dice using just the fork! looks totally retarded to me.

What on earth is wrong with putting your elbows on the table? I've never understood that - it's not as if one runs about putting their elbow in shite all the time eh?

Talk about intolerant
Old Feb 28th 2004, 4:12 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ukemigrant
<SNIP>

What on earth is wrong with putting your elbows on the table? I've never understood that - it's not as if one runs about putting their elbow in shite all the time eh?

Talk about intolerant
It's due to the poor posture involved (hunching) and only applies when food is present.

It is because hunching is considered disrespectful to your dinner guests as it may be indicative of a dining companion who is less than alert.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 3:02 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lairdside
It's due to the poor posture involved (hunching) and only applies when food is present.

It is because hunching is considered disrespectful to your dinner guests as it may be indicative of a dining companion who is less than alert.
Well I never knew the reason behind that one, thanks.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:32 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside

I thank you

There is one other bad manner, and thats people that like to fly when they eat....meaning their elbows are sticking in your ribs or keeping knocking the bloody knife out of your hand.

I had a cousin that would do that when we met up for a family meal, it took all my strength not to stab a steak knife in his leg
Old Mar 1st 2004, 6:37 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Yosser
I thank you

There is one other bad manner, and thats people that like to fly when they eat....meaning their elbows are sticking in your ribs or keeping knocking the bloody knife out of your hand.

I had a cousin that would do that when we met up for a family meal, it took all my strength not to stab a steak knife in his leg
Personally I can't stand people that pass gas at the dinner table and then blame it on the dog.

Just a personal weakness of mine I guess.

In some countries belching is considered to be a compliment in appreciation of the food. Everyone has different ideas eh?