Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Successful Baltimore AOS interview

Successful Baltimore AOS interview

Old Apr 2nd 2002, 6:05 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default Successful Baltimore AOS interview

Just wanted to let ya'll know Paul and I aced the green card interview this morning. It wasn't really much of an interview, really.
We had to wait in a long queue just to get thru security and into the building, then we gave our notice at the desk...and waited.... and waited .... and waited some more- people who came in after us were being called before us. Finally, we went and had to raise our right hand that we were telling the truth. She had Paul's file there in front of us. Asked for our ID's. Asked him some basic questions, about our address, his social security number, etc. Then she asked for all of our back-up evidence, of which we had plenty, and copies for her already made,
(rent receipts, joint car title and insurance, BGE bills,joint credit card bills and bank statements, phone bills, affadavit letters from 3 relatives/friends, w-2's & updated work letter, photographs)
which she took and put in his file. She was bumming because her computer was down... Then she stamped Paul's passport, explained he should be getting his green card in the mail in 3-10 months, and that he should apply to get the "conditions" removed, 90 day before two years from today. Until he gets the green card the stamp will enable him to leave and re-enter the country and will act as his work authorization. Seemed to be, in our case, a mere formality.
And that was it! We were done. Had some lunch, and I'm back at work.
We are meeting up with 2 other "green card couples" we know only online from this very visa newsgroup later for a celebratory dinner. They both, coincidentally had their interviews at the same office, today, as well.
Just thought you all might wanna hear the good news!

Paul will be posting on the experiences website later on today, as well. (of course!! ;-) ) in addition to updating our website, www.bethandpaul.com
Old Apr 2nd 2002, 7:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successful Baltimore AOS interview

Okay I congratulated Paul and I have to congratulate the more "wordy" and "informative" half of the couple.

Way to go. Home free for two years!

Enough your dinner tonight and hope the other two post their good news soon.

Rete