Reload this Page >

success at finding a job?

success at finding a job?

Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:05 am
Just Joined

rk164 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question success at finding a job?

Hi,

I am on an L2 with EAD, started living in California a month ago.

I recently applied for a job, had an interview. Got a phone call to say I would be made an offer. Was told that HR wanted to get more details around my work status. Spoke to HR gave then details. Then I heard no more........

Until I contacted them a week later to be told the offer would not be made, no reason given. My guess is because the L2 and EAD will eventually expire meaning I would leave the job.

Have others had similar experiences, is this quite common?

Thanks

rk164
Old Dec 19th 2006, 11:49 am
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: success at finding a job?

Originally Posted by rk164
Hi,

I recently applied for a job, had an interview. Got a phone call to say I would be made an offer. Was told that HR wanted to get more details around my work status. Spoke to HR gave then details. Then I heard no more........

Until I contacted them a week later to be told the offer would not be made, no reason given. My guess is because the L2 and EAD will eventually expire meaning I would leave the job.

Thanks

rk164
sorry to hear your bad news, better luck with your next jobs...

I have encountered the fact that some companies want permanent residents/citizens only and often their advertisements will specify. Sometimes, they are required to ask for this by law, such as teaching, defense, etc etc.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

rk164
Actually, being told an offer would not be made is a great response. The common thing is to string you along indefinately!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 12:56 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck finding another job and Merry Xmas..
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dan725
Actually, being told an offer would not be made is a great response. The common thing is to string you along indefinately!
It seems like the decision had been made a week before, but they had not told me.

It was only when I contacted them that I found out........!
Old Dec 19th 2006, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like the decision had been made a week before, but they had not told me.

It was only when I contacted them that I found out........!
Ah, that would explain it then. So yes.....situation normal. Ignoring people is all the rage here.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 4:32 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks

rk164
My wife was L-2 with EAD and went for a number of interviews over a short space of time before securing a job. She explained the L-2 plus EAD thing as no-one she dealt with had heard of it before (used to emplying Americans of course) but everyone seemed to accept her at her word and it didn't seem to cause any barriers.

Hopefully this is a one-off experience for you and you'll have much better luck next time.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 5:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem common, and it's a pain in the arse....but you should explain that you can apply for a new one 90 days before it expires so that you can continually work, that might not scare them off with an expiration date.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
It does seem common, and it's a pain in the arse....but you should explain that you can apply for a new one 90 days before it expires so that you can continually work, that might not scare them off with an expiration date.
I did mention this at my interview and to the HR person. They both seemed ok with this.

The HR person said that all offers need to signed off by an exec before they can send a letter. I guess that exec was the sticking point.....

I'm actually quite gutted as I really wanted this role
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:56 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I did mention this at my interview and to the HR person. They both seemed ok with this.

The HR person said that all offers need to signed off by an exec before they can send a letter. I guess that exec was the sticking point.....

I'm actually quite gutted as I really wanted this role

You need to let go and move on darling.. Keep on looking and who knows, you might get something as good or better..