Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Stupid People making you laugh...

Wikiposts

Stupid People making you laugh...

Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:44 am
ImHere

Default Re: Stupid People making you laugh...

Surely not...another moan about American life? From our Warrior life? Noooo can it be? And about that highly academic and engaging subject: Teeth whitening.

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
I was taken aback by the level of 'perfect teeth' there are in the US....until I started asking people about how they get them to look so good. I was amazed to find that a large percentage of my friends and colleagues have some sort of caps, dentures, coating, bleaching, protective filming, etc. In other words - teeth about as natural as a plastic spoon.

Trust me - there's a reason why the teeth are so good over here, and it's the result of a lot of pain, time and money. I think I'll stick with my normal smile, thank you very much.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
But dont worry because Im going to start an America the Beautiful thread in a moment just to make all the resident Yanks happy. Ok?
As a now resident Yank, I could care less whether you want to start the thread or not. As far as I can see, expats have the right to moan and groan about where they live....I know I did when I lived in the UK and I sure met other Americans that did the same thing. So as far as I'm concerned, moan and groan. It doesn't bother me and I'll probably join in with you. I'm more than dismayed at how this country is since I've returned from the UK. I was ready to turn around and go back.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:25 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
As a now resident Yank, I could care less whether you want to start the thread or not. As far as I can see, expats have the right to moan and groan about where they live....I know I did when I lived in the UK and I sure met other Americans that did the same thing. So as far as I'm concerned, moan and groan. It doesn't bother me and I'll probably join in with you. I'm more than dismayed at how this country is since I've returned from the UK. I was ready to turn around and go back.
I know, I know but in the interests of balance and all that. I was more referring to the Resident Brits that think they are a Yank...eg Warrior Life.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Bob 23000 posts .... the whiner won't like that ..
Aye, well what can you do eh...if the guy really doesn't like the site, he knows what he can do, being a wonderful free country and all...and nit picking over a select number of posts isn't really a cross sample of all the help that people provide is it...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I think this has been best thread of the day.

best for awhile.
well it certainly was a break from the usual humdrum rot of late I have to agree

especially for a thread that started out in such light hearted humour
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
amusing thing was, this wasn't picking fun at yanks per-say, just stupid people in general, I mean how the hell did someone not know that an original state was on the east coast, that had to make anyone laugh
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by WarriorLife

I use forums for discussion and education, and when I want to talk about Coronation street or the weather, I talk to my FRIENDS. Try getting some...then you won't need to power up the PC when you want to talk about Dirty Den and walking your dog
Well we all have friends and do various things, it's all about having a balanced life, and if things come up here that we aren't interested in, we are all intelligent enough to ignore it, for those that can't, well maybe they should just go see there real friends....this being a free country and all that.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:56 pm
ImHere

Bobs on a post-a-thon.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:08 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to send out a personal tankyou to WarriorLife for some of the most consistently hilarious messages I've ever seen on a forum. You are either the most humourless person ever to inhabit Earth or a comic genius. Either way I suppose it ties in with the title of this thread.
Cheers mate!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bobs on a post-a-thon.
hehe...aye, well i had been out most of the day
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:33 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Bob
hehe...aye, well i had been out most of the day
were the shakes setting in?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

were the shakes setting in?
yeah, after the drinks kicked in
Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sibsie
Yesterday at the launderette.

[random dude] Where you from
[me] London
[random dude] So you're Italian?

35' sloop in rockport hbr last week. stars and stripes flying from the spreader,british flag on stern, homeport ipswich = lot of confusion , lol

the giveaway - she had automatic steering gear...
Old Jul 21st 2005, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Please keep Warrior Life over there as long as possible,the UK doesn't need him back.
Anyone carrying the attitudes of superiority that this guy has is in for a rough ride in the USA.
I wonder if he will have the guts to share with Americans how inferior they and their country are to his higher intellectual standards.Or is it just reserved for internet message boards?
W*****R
Old Jul 21st 2005, 3:29 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silvermine
35' sloop in rockport hbr last week. stars and stripes flying from the spreader,british flag on stern, homeport ipswich = lot of confusion , lol
We're bringing the boat up from Boston this weekend, so look out for another Union Jack flying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.