Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Stupid People making you laugh...

Wikiposts

Stupid People making you laugh...

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:40 am
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid People making you laugh...

Originally Posted by elfman
Up to a point: In my experience a surprising number of Americans have bad teeth, and many Africans have very good teeth - you'd expect it to be the other way round. In America access to decent affordable dental care is not something you can take for granted, by any stretch of the imagination.
Appropriate grin??

Maybe it's cos the Africans can't afford/have no idea about the candy we as westerners enjoy.

Thank God for Cadbury (no not Richie Rich's butler) and for Bodycombat and JuJutsu allowing me to burn off the calories. Can someone give me a quote for implants?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:42 am
Banned

Wicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond reputeWicked Jester has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I think you have the wrong gender in mind.
OOps, I'm sorry, how can I make it better?

Nice poem btw
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:42 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wicked Jester
Ah a plan, yes Ray I do.
I am midway through acceptance into the diversity visa program (acceptance letter received & docs returned to Kentucky). Failing that (for some unforseeable reason we don't make it) my wife and I would continue via the nursing route (she, not me), which obviously takes time too. I am involved in the education of medical professionals.
So your either not a brit or your parent were not ..for the DV..
I think about half the so called winners actually make it .. so the odds are evens ..The nursing route is a good one but takes over two years from start to finish ..
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
So your either not a brit or your parent were not ..for the DV..
I think about half the so called winners actually make it .. so the odds are evens ..The nursing route is a good one but takes over two years from start to finish ..
I am a Brit, I hold dual citizenship & my ancestors hail from this island, but my birth place was not here as you rightly say. I'm open to infinite possibilities, and we will be in the US in some way.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:51 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Brit, I hold dual citizenship & my ancestors hail from this island, but my birth place was not here as you rightly say. I'm open to infinite possibilities, and we will be in the US in some way.
And good luck to you ... I don't know if you have vacationed here or you knowledge of the US is from another source .. But you will find living and working here is not as most people from overseas think....
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
All that hot air caught up inside you then? I've heard Windeze is good for that. Maybe cheaper than moving.
Gee go girl !! Put that intellect to work, best go and lie down so that the amygdala has a chance to recharge for your next round of wit!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
And good luck to you ... I don't know if you have vacationed here or you knowledge of the US is from another source .. But you will find living and working here is not as most people from overseas think....
Thanks Ray, well I'll be around on the forum for a while yet. I think I'm getting the taste for it now I've been to the US 5 times now, mostly work and patient related but have also done the Florida and Vegas vacationing bit.

At the moment I work for a large US multinational headquartered in Minneapolis, and have had the experience of doing business with the US for over 13 years now. As I said before though, you can only experience the true culture by embracing it, living and breathing it and I can't wait.

So you're not a Brit then?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:06 am
Ray

Thanks Ray, well I'll be around on the forum for a while yet. I think I'm getting the taste for it now I've been to the US 5 times now, mostly work and patient related but have also done the Florida and Vegas vacationing bit.

At the moment I work for a large US multinational headquartered in Minneapolis, and have had the experience of doing business with the US for over 13 years now. As I said before though, you can only experience the true culture by embracing it, living and breathing it and I can't wait.

So you're not a Brit then?
Working for a US company ..you also have the option of an L visa ...maybe
No I am not british ..but did live there for many years..

Tip ..stop the attitude to other members... honey work better to start with ..
your way will just get you thrown off..
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Working for a US company ..you also have the option of an L visa ...maybe
No I am not british ..but did live there for many years..

Tip ..stop the attitude to other members... honey work better to start with ..
your way will just get you thrown off..
Thank Ray, no attitude intended, just believe in giving as good as I get, never one to lie down and let Brits p*ss all over me.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Gee go girl !! Put that intellect to work, best go and lie down so that the amygdala has a chance to recharge for your next round of wit!
It is weak this morning....but I'm trying to find something to work with.

Anyway, best of luck to you and finding a good place to live.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
It is weak this morning....but I'm trying to find something to work with.

Anyway, best of luck to you and finding a good place to live.
Thanks hon, how long have you been in the US then?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:05 am
Banned

[QUOTE=Ray]I think about half the so called winners actually make it .. so the odds are evens QUOTE]

The difference is now that post 9/11, when once you have been issued the Green Card you have to travel to the US within 6 months. I was teaching medical students in London recently, and one of the girls had had a green card and been living in Boston. She's been out of the US for 18 months now and has lost her visa status.

Sure you know that anyway.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks hon, how long have you been in the US then?
I was born here and moved to the UK to be with my now British husband in 1998. We moved back here January 2004.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

Oh no, not another git...

I feel a song coming on...

I've travelled this whole world of ours from Barnsley to Peru,
I've had sunstroke in the Arctic and a swim in Timbuktu,
I've seen unicorns in Burma and a Yeti in Nepal,
And I've danced with ten-foot pygmies in a Montezuma hall,
I've met the King of China,
And the working Yorkshire miner,
But I've never met a nice South African.

No, he's never met a nice South African,
And that's not bloody surprising, man,
'Cos we're a bunch of arrogant bastards,
Who hate black people.

I once got served in Woolies after less than four weeks' wait,
I had lunch with Rowan Atkinson when he paid and wasn't late,
I know a public swimming bath where they don't piss in the pool,
I know a guy who got a job straight after leaving school,
I've met a normal merman,
And a fairly modest German,

'Cos we're a bunch of talentless murderers,
Who smell like baboons.

I've had a close encounter of the twenty-second kind,
That's when an alien spaceship disappears up your behind,
I've got Directory Enquiries after less than forty rings,
I've even heard a decent song by Paul McCartney's Wings,
I've seen a flying pig
In a quite convincing wig,

'Cos we're a bunch of ignorant loudmouths,
With no sense of humour (hah-hah-hah).

I've met the Loch Ness Monster and he looks like Fred Astaire,
At the BBC in London he's the chief commissionaire,
I know a place in Glasgow which is bright with daffodillies,
I met a man in Katmandu who claimed to have two willies,
I've had a nice Pot Noodle,
But I've never had a poodle,
And I've never met a nice South African.

Because we've never met one either,
Except for Bruiten Bruiten-Bach,
And he's emigrated to Paris.

Yes, he's quite a nice South African,
And he's hardly ever killed anyone,
And he's not smelly at all,
That's why they put him in prison.

Ah, I miss Spitting Image.....
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 8:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Vern
Oh no, not another git...

I feel a song coming on...

I've travelled this whole world of ours from Barnsley to Peru,
I've had sunstroke in the Arctic and a swim in Timbuktu,
I've seen unicorns in Burma and a Yeti in Nepal,
And I've danced with ten-foot pygmies in a Montezuma hall,
I've met the King of China,
And the working Yorkshire miner,

'Cos we're a bunch of arrogant bastards,
Who hate black people.

I once got served in Woolies after less than four weeks' wait,
I had lunch with Rowan Atkinson when he paid and wasn't late,
I know a public swimming bath where they don't piss in the pool,
I know a guy who got a job straight after leaving school,
I've met a normal merman,
And a fairly modest German,

'Cos we're a bunch of talentless murderers,
Who smell like baboons.

I've had a close encounter of the twenty-second kind,
That's when an alien spaceship disappears up your behind,
I've got Directory Enquiries after less than forty rings,
I've even heard a decent song by Paul McCartney's Wings,
I've seen a flying pig
In a quite convincing wig,

'Cos we're a bunch of ignorant loudmouths,
With no sense of humour (hah-hah-hah).

I've met the Loch Ness Monster and he looks like Fred Astaire,
At the BBC in London he's the chief commissionaire,
I know a place in Glasgow which is bright with daffodillies,
I met a man in Katmandu who claimed to have two willies,
I've had a nice Pot Noodle,
But I've never had a poodle,
And I've never met a nice South African.

Because we've never met one either,
Except for Bruiten Bruiten-Bach,
And he's emigrated to Paris.

Yes, he's quite a nice South African,
And he's hardly ever killed anyone,
And he's not smelly at all,
That's why they put him in prison.

Ah, I miss Spitting Image.....
And we all have our reputations to uphold don't we tubby?

Careful on the race issue me ol' son unless of course you're are in fact a racist who hates black people placing a song like that in public. One thing as South Africans that we CAN brag about is that we HAVE achieved the reconcilliation between race groups that most of the rest of the world is still trying to emulate and still dream of. Thank God for a man like Nelson Mandela who in the face of such provocation, humiliation and imprisonment for most of his adult life, came out of incarceration to reconcile a nation torn apart by decades of racial intolerance and prejudice. The fact that South Africa is known as the rainbow nation and enjoys the admiration for this accomplishment is well known.

Hardly something to mock with peurile songs & calling me a git. I take personal offence that you would call a nobel peace prize winner and felllow countryman a talentless murderer who smells like a baboon.

Another pint of lager for you my good man?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.